PDA

View Full Version : Why so expensive ?

DINAN 3
02-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Check out this brute...

http://www.trader.ca/SendToFriend/Results.asp?id=2047876&adid=5003847

Am I missing something.....should be worth about 40K...what do you guys think ?

Understated
02-13-2006, 01:34 PM
my guess is tehy switched the km and price......

Paul540/m3
02-13-2006, 03:00 PM
That being said, its a pretty rare car. Tourings are rare to start but an 03 with M-tec bumpers is exteremely rare.

Axxe
02-13-2006, 07:30 PM
**** that. Just buy a 540iT and slap M5 bumpers, skirts, and some nice wheels, for a lot less money.

Paul540/m3
02-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Rear bumper is different for tourings I beleive

DINAN 3
02-13-2006, 08:20 PM
That being said, its a pretty rare car. Tourings are rare to start but an 03 with M-tec bumpers is exteremely rare.

I know the car is rare, but it's not like it will ever become a desirable collector's car. It will still depreciate in value just like all other 540's do and one could buy the current model year for just 10K more.
Also, eventhough it's rare, I don't believe there is a huge demand for the touring model (correct me if I'm wrong).
Anyways.....that beast gives me a woody...so what would you guys think is a reasonable offer/strategy to score this baby in my driveway ?
I know that in the near term they are looking for a sucker, but in a couple of months from now they might be more flexible.

TheMadChigga
02-16-2006, 10:02 PM
HOLY ****, a T with the kit, yes its worth $60k..............

realistically, I think $50k is a good offering, I've never ever seen a Touring with the m-kit before.

Paul540/m3
02-17-2006, 01:42 AM
I know the car is rare, but it's not like it will ever become a desirable collector's car. It will still depreciate in value just like all other 540's do and one could buy the current model year for just 10K more.
Also, eventhough it's rare, I don't believe there is a huge demand for the touring model (correct me if I'm wrong).
Anyways.....that beast gives me a woody...so what would you guys think is a reasonable offer/strategy to score this baby in my driveway ?
I know that in the near term they are looking for a sucker, but in a couple of months from now they might be more flexible.

They are more desirable than you might think. Having said that, it only worth what soemone will pay for it. Is it worth the premium they are asking?- depends on who you ask.

Would I pay a premium for it, probably not.

Axxe
02-17-2006, 02:58 AM
Rear bumper is different for tourings I beleive

Even if it is, you can likely buy the OEM rear M-sport bumper from the dealer, and have money left over to spend on wheels, exhaust, and beer.

TheMadChigga
02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Even if it is, you can likely buy the OEM rear M-sport bumper from the dealer, and have money left over to spend on wheels, exhaust, and beer.

and 3 hookers to have sex in the car with.

bang one of 'em, while the one u r banging is eating another one out, and you are sucking on the titties on one that's geting her pussy eaten, and another to play with your ass and your nipples and tell you "You are one sexy papa and I want you to piss on me"

DINAN 3
02-19-2006, 02:08 AM
and 3 hookers to have sex in the car with.

bang one of 'em, while the one u r banging is eating another one out, and you are sucking on the titties on one that's geting her pussy eaten, and another to play with your ass and your nipples and tell you "You are one sexy papa and I want you to piss on me"

With that tint I could park her on Jarvis in full daylight, while giving the whores a good ballslappin.
I'm sold...off to cut them a check for the full 64K early Monday morning.

On a serious note.....as I'm not into hookers...what's a similar wagon worth without all the crazy upgrades (let's say just w/ sports package) ?
I know similar sedans have been selling for 35K at non BMW dealers and for about 40K at the stealer.

The reason I'm asking is that the way I'm trying to appraise this car is to assume that the previous owner allready paid them for all these wicked upgrades. I know, I can't totaly ignore the money that went into this car, but all these options on a used vehicle should not be worth more than 5K extra. What do you guys think ?

rodo
02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
You have to look at it from the sellers point of view. The person who buys that might have a price elasticity different from other who think it would be more profitable to go on the boards and buy the bumpers used, etc. The right buyer for that car would be someone that likes the look of the car but would rather spend the $$ their asking rather than get a normal wagon and doing the mods to it. Having said that, a person with high price elasticity would just buy an '06 wagon

325isRED
02-19-2006, 05:12 PM
pretty low km, i'll be looking for a e39 by next winter, its already hard to find one with low km like that...

DINAN 3
02-20-2006, 03:19 PM
The right buyer for that car would be someone that likes the look of the car but would rather spend the $$ their asking rather than get a normal wagon and doing the mods to it. Having said that, a person with high price elasticity would just buy an '06 wagon

I agree, a new wagon is only 10 grand more and is a better car and would come with a much better leasing rate (most buyers lease these expensive cars) than this used 540iaT.
I checked.....the most any Toronto area BMW dealers are advertising 540 sedans for is 49K (loaded w/ M-Package + Navigation & even lower km) and I'm sure they would let even those go for 45K. So asking for anything in the 50's looks way out of line and would put off 99% of buyers out there.
So I'm gonna sit tight and wait this one out.

PS: Still wondering what a regular wagon is worth without all the crazy upgrades (let's say just w/ sports package) ?

kobim3r
02-20-2006, 03:37 PM
You have to look at it from the sellers point of view. The person who buys that might have a price elasticity different from other who think it would be more profitable to go on the boards and buy the bumpers used, etc. The right buyer for that car would be someone that likes the look of the car but would rather spend the $$ their asking rather than get a normal wagon and doing the mods to it. Having said that, a person with high price elasticity would just buy an '06 wagon

thanks for the lesson in economics 101