PDA

View Full Version : Cayuga: LETS TRY THIS ONE LAST TIME!

moerom
10-21-2002, 05:43 PM
Ok guys, I'm pretty sure most you know out there know we've been trying to get our asses our to Cayuga to run for a while. Two weeks ago I had to cancel because of a family function. Last week we were on our way and it freaking rained (although we had our own fun). So here I propose for one last FREAKING time before the snow falls or it gets too cold for our tires to bite properly....

October 25, 2002 at Cayuga

I have an itch that needs to be scratched and that is running my Lightning down the 1320.

We can meet at my place if need be, or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm so serious about going, its not even funny. PM me if you want anymore details. I know I'm not a Max mod, but I'm proposing this event anyway.

Lets see if we can get everyone out this time. I think 5 days is plenty of notice to drive a measly 1.5 hours. C'mon guys, it will be the last last last time you can have (legal) fun with your car. Any point past this and you're risking snow or bad weather.

Summary:

Date: October 25, 2002
Time: 5:30 PM at TBD meeting place
Directions: Don't worry, follow us ;)

Once again, please make a valiant effort to make it out !

Thanks alot guys, I know these Cayuga posts must get annoying, but it must be done! :)

See you soon,
Modesto

moerom
10-21-2002, 05:52 PM
I'll be bringing the video cam too, so your runs can be immortalized on Modesto's video camera!

Oh and BTW, I have 207MB worth of E46 M3 donuts sitting in my comp.

Someone please host!

qwk325
10-21-2002, 06:13 PM
i would like to see it happen

Jon@Bimmersport
10-21-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by moerom
I'll be bringing the video cam too, so your runs can be immortalized on Modesto's video camera!

Oh and BTW, I have 207MB worth of E46 M3 donuts sitting in my comp.

Someone please host!

i think you should compress it first...i might come on friday, if you would..let me borrow the video camera so i can get all the videos on my comp, and compressed...and you can come get it the day after or something i dunno.

tlaselva
10-21-2002, 07:43 PM
Yo Mo!
Count me in!

Itchin' to race that Beast of yours! :D

Got to work til 5:30pm that evening, so can't make it to the meeting place any earlier than 6:30.

Anyone else, Rolled_out, GladdoM3?

moerom
10-21-2002, 07:58 PM
Tlaselva,

I have no idea how to address you, first off because you are twice my age, and I don't know whether to call your name or your alias..... Ahh the prices of a heavy conscience.... Anyways, for sake of convenience... Mr. LaSelva....

If you work east of the city, we can all meet at my house (Yonge/Hwy 7), and then move west towards Cayuga. If you work west of the city, to eliminate unwanted excess driving, we could meet in one of Woodbridge's massive parking lot complexes lol!!

Its all up to you...

And keep the replies coming guys!

moerom
10-21-2002, 11:06 PM
Dan, Jordan, you guys in?

Rolled_Out
10-21-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva

Anyone else, Rolled_out, GladdoM3?
i'll be in oakville thst night, maybe i can make it down too since its halfway there....im 50% now

moerom
10-21-2002, 11:40 PM
SCREWWWWWWWWWWWW Oakville!!!

Do it for me Dan!!! lol

mkgino
10-22-2002, 12:39 AM
DAMN Cant come again...........DAMN! Isnt there something closer??

moerom
10-22-2002, 12:41 AM
Everyone cancel what you are doing on Friday :) It will be worth it!

I want to see this happen!!!

bimmermafia
10-22-2002, 12:46 AM
i might be in never been to cayuga i usually go to st.thomas so ill prolly go check it out with u guys

Billy

moerom
10-22-2002, 12:53 AM
Ok sounds good.

Hey Bimmermafia, I saw your car once down on College. St. Me and a few girls were going for a pizza (Lol beautiful Italian food between classes does the trick), and the first thing I said was, hey, those are some nice wheels!

bimmermafia
10-22-2002, 01:01 AM
thanks bro

yeah i go there sometimes to go visit my portuguese buddies

Billy

MP328
10-22-2002, 03:24 AM
i'm still on freaking afternoon shift :( *mumble* *mumble*

mkgino
10-22-2002, 04:06 AM
Cant this be done sometime during the day, rather than in an evening?? That way we can actually tape the races and it will turn out better. Plus if we rebook then I maybe able to come

MP328
10-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
Cant this be done sometime during the day, rather than in an evening?? That way we can actually tape the races and it will turn out better. Plus if we rebook then I maybe able to come

not at cauyga. they only have the friday 7pm to 11pm open for street racing. it looks to me as if this friday "might" me the last one to go racing http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/2001schedule.htm .only during the summer is it still bright at that time. as we went the first time but never raced.

i don't know how it is at st. thomas looks like they have the sunday listed as street legal but i don't see any times. bimmermafia knows about st. thomas i guess.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 03:21 PM
anyone in the mississauga area going? :confused:

330DTM
10-22-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by MP328

not at cauyga. they only have the friday 7pm to 11pm open for street racing. it looks to me as if this friday "might" me the last one to go racing http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/2001schedule.htm .only during the summer is it still bright at that time. as we went the first time but never raced.

i don't know how it is at st. thomas looks like they have the sunday listed as street legal but i don't see any times. bimmermafia knows about st. thomas i guess.

The TOronto Prelude club always goes to St. Thomas. They went last weekend (the day of our autum cruise). I've been there early this year in spring and I thought it track seemed fine. I even sat shotgun and thought it was fine. bad thing was that day it was friggin cold. I forgot how much it was for enterance fee, i think $10 for spectator and $20 for driver?!?!

mkgino
10-22-2002, 04:34 PM
I would rather go during the day somewhere like that, but only somewhere that is close.....I dont want to drive an hour to go somewhere and then do two 1/4 miles for $20 and then just go home, its not worth it. Lets go somewhere closer, on a sunday or something and then have a maxbimmer cruise up there and everyone can go and have a few 1/4 mile runs. I think that way we would probably get a group discount also!

moerom
10-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Lets stick to the original plan.

Why?

1.) Friday is a test and tune from 7 to 11 pm.
2.) The weather will be great on Friday and shitty on Sunday.
3.) St. Thomas is farther away.

Guys, its still Friday at Cayuga, I need a definite list, cause If we are going to meet at my place, I need to know numbers.

This also happens to be post #112, which also happens to be the number of cubic inches my blower displaces. Obsessed? Quite!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 04:57 PM
im in 100% if some1 can pick me up...hehe..who else is gonna do the video!? common mississauga guys..MP328, if you are comming...ill be able to give you your $10! haha

mkgino
10-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Crap then I cant go, thats too bad

Rolled_Out
10-22-2002, 05:08 PM
ee, now i don't know wut the hell iam goign to be doing...
my car is @ the STEALER until i pick it up later today... but i gotta bring it back friday so a guy from head office can drive it to see whats wrong w/ it.....
it drives 99% fine just this stupid noise it makes when its in 2nd sometimes... stupid ting

moerom
10-22-2002, 05:10 PM
Dan, you must come, no matter what! I'lll love you long time!! (From that movie Full Metal Jacket)

Tony, you still in?

mkgino
10-22-2002, 05:15 PM
A sunday afternoon is still an option......that way more maxbimmer members will come I think

mkgino
10-22-2002, 05:19 PM
See you should still have it this friday, but also plan one from like a week from now on sunday, that way we can all go for that time and it will be better.

moerom
10-22-2002, 05:23 PM
That's a good plan.

So this Friday is on for sure, no doubt about it. Its real and its going to happen.

This Sunday is gonna rain, and its too close to Friday's event. So, I suggest next Sunday drag event day at St. Thomas or something.

But for now, lets worry about Friday.

moerom
10-22-2002, 05:25 PM
So far, the list is:

moerom
tlaselva
GladdoM3 (maybe)
Rolled_Out (maybe)
e46_lover (needs a ride)
bimmermafia

Anyone else wanna add their name? The more the merrier!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 06:58 PM
where is the meeting spot? if its at like KK or sqaure 1 i can get there myself

moerom
10-22-2002, 07:01 PM
Ok the plan is:

Krispy Kreme
6:30 pm
October 25, 2002

Be there or be square!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 07:03 PM
Ok the plan is:

Krispy Kreme
6:30 pm
October 25, 2002

Be there or be square!

lol havent heard that in a while! why not make it at 6pm? so we can just **** around make some more fun videos!

moerom
10-22-2002, 08:29 PM
Sure Y not?

We have to wait till 6:30 though for tlaselva!

tlaselva
10-22-2002, 08:35 PM
Dan, you must come, no matter what! I'lll love you long time!! (From that movie Full Metal Jacket)

Tony, you still in?

Should be ok for Friday evening at 6:30 pm. for KKreme.

Don't call me Mr. . You make me feel old....*shiner*

Tony or my call names better. :D

moerom
10-22-2002, 08:43 PM
Ok, here's the new list:

Moerom
Tlaselva
Bimermafia
E46_lover
GLADDOM3 (TBA)

The list became shorter.... some people are busy (lol @ Dan, jokes)

KK @ 6:30 look for a big red pickup.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 08:48 PM
Ok, here's the new list:

Moerom
Tlaselva
Bimermafia
E46_lover
GLADDOM3 (TBA)

The list became shorter.... some people are busy (lol @ Dan, jokes)

KK @ 6:30 look for a big red pickup.

6pm...time to **** around!

MP328
10-23-2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
im in 100% if some1 can pick me up...hehe..who else is gonna do the video!? common mississauga guys..MP328, if you are comming...ill be able to give you your $10! haha

i would if i wasn't on afternoon shift till 10;40pm :( and don't really feel like taking a day off. as far as the 10 bucks thats ok i'll steal your bike if u dont pay me back :D *wave* *wave*

BTW Rolled_Out whatever happened to the story you were saying about a friend and a private track he had and if we wanted to go. and everyone said yeah they would go and u never said a word after that. i'm too lazy too look for the thread right now but it was a while ago

Jon@Bimmersport
10-23-2002, 07:12 AM
**** i forgot...how am i getting home? i guess i wont be in...

tlaselva
10-23-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
**** i forgot...how am i getting home? i guess i wont be in...

Presuming you still live in Mississauga, I'll give you a lift back from Cayuga if that's what ur concerned about.

burnhard22
10-23-2002, 11:08 AM
Count me in. I will be leaving Brampton at 5pm. PLease advise where to meet and directions.
Thanks
Burnhard*smoke*

Jon@Bimmersport
10-23-2002, 03:28 PM

Presuming you still live in Mississauga, I'll give you a lift back from Cayuga if that's what ur concerned about.

na man i moved to germany so i can ride my bike as fast as i can on the autobahn! lol yea im still in mississauga, thanx man

burnhard22, is it possible i can borrow your camera for a day to get the autocross video done? the day after me and some other guys from maxbimmer are going to pacific mall to check out some stuff so you can come if you want, and ill be able to give the camera back

moerom
10-23-2002, 06:11 PM
Ok this is perfect!

Burnhard, we are meeting at the Krispy Kreme in Mississauga. It is located at the interesections of Mavis and Brittania. We are meeting at 6:30 pm Fridat Oct. 25.

E46_lover, I'm glad you found a ride, now we have a professional videographer on our hands lol.

Tony, I'm all pumped (even though your M3 is gonna pump me)!

Keep the replies coming!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-23-2002, 09:03 PM
are you guys gonna do another donut fest? :D

bimmermafia
10-24-2002, 01:03 AM
doesnt look like too many people are gonna make it out for this

Billy

moerom
10-24-2002, 02:10 AM
Its only a small thing, but just come anyways.

Me, Burnhard, Tlasalva, E46_lover (get a car!), and hopefully still you.

mkgino
10-24-2002, 02:31 AM
Im telling you plan it for next sunday and more people will come, lets plan it for next sunday at that other one.......

moerom
10-24-2002, 03:18 AM
I'm up for next Sunday as well.

BUT

I'm also going no matter what on Friday!

MP328
10-24-2002, 03:24 AM
no matter what day u make it it's always going to be only a few people that want to go drag racing. most people are afraid for whatever reason to go and do it.

OR LIKE LAST TIME they say they'll show up and at the end u have only 4 guys there.

moerom
10-24-2002, 03:26 AM
Last Friday would have been good:

E46 M3 SMG
E46 M3 manual
SVT Lightning
RSX Type-S

All four of the people who said they'd show up, showed up.

Let's hope everyone who said they'd show up on this Friday show up!

mkgino
10-24-2002, 04:42 AM
Ok lets plan a maxbimmer trip up to that other track, St Thomas is it?? Im too lazy to go back and read.....anyway, lets get that organized and see what we can do. How many chances do you usually get a night at Cayuga?

Jon@Bimmersport
10-24-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
Ok lets plan a maxbimmer trip up to that other track, St Thomas is it?? Im too lazy to go back and read.....anyway, lets get that organized and see what we can do. How many chances do you usually get a night at Cayuga?

it depends how many people...last time each of them got 4-5 runs

tlaselva
10-24-2002, 08:49 AM
Ok this is perfect!

Burnhard, we are meeting at the Krispy Kreme in Mississauga. It is located at the interesections of Mavis and Brittania. We are meeting at 6:30 pm Fridat Oct. 25.

E46_lover, I'm glad you found a ride, now we have a professional videographer on our hands lol.

Tony, I'm all pumped (even though your M3 is gonna pump me)!

Keep the replies coming!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm not too sure that the M3's going to pump you Beast. Should be a close race. Once you drop a G note or two into your truck in aftermarket parts, the only thing I'm going to be looking at is the nice flowing lines of your Lightning's rear! *shiner*
It's really going to be fun though. Hopefully it's going to be video'd.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-24-2002, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm not too sure that the M3's going to pump you Beast. Should be a close race. Once you drop a G note or two into your truck in aftermarket parts, the only thing I'm going to be looking at is the nice flowing lines of your Lightning's rear! *shiner*
It's really going to be fun though. Hopefully it's going to be video'd.

tony, you bet its gonna be on video! who is comming that doesnt mind their car not being in the cruize video?

tlaselva
10-24-2002, 03:45 PM
FYI:

Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies early. A few showers developing later in the day. High 46F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

moerom
10-24-2002, 06:45 PM
ARGHHHHH ****ING WEATHER.......

That makes three Fridays in a row.

Lets see how the weather turns out. If it doesn't look good by mid afternoon, then screw it.

But we have to act with hope!

mkgino
10-24-2002, 07:31 PM
If there is crappy weather this friday.....next sunday for sure ok?

moerom
10-24-2002, 07:47 PM
Im up for that...

I'll make the St. Thomas thread once Friday is over to eliminate confusion....

moerom
10-25-2002, 11:52 AM
OK guys, its 100% chance of rain in Toronto and 100% chance of rain in Cayuga.

Its looks like our hopes are dashed. Its only midday and its already getting grey around my area here.

This makes the second week in a row that the freaking weather ruined our Cayuga hopes. Ah well, St. Thomas next Sunday is a distinct possibility.

Anyways, thanks guys for the replies and for the support, but its gonna rain.

P.S. I had my digicam ready to go too! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jon@Bimmersport
10-25-2002, 11:54 AM
is it gonna rain where st thomas is?

tlaselva
10-25-2002, 12:57 PM
OK guys, its 100% chance of rain in Toronto and 100% chance of rain in Cayuga.

Anyways, thanks guys for the replies and for the support, but its gonna rain.

P.S. I had my digicam ready to go too! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

:mad:

The racing god's doth not smile upon us......*no-no*
Nice the whole week the past 2, then as the weekend appears, BOOM, the rain comes.
Maybe what we need is a sacrifice to appease the racing gods.
Hey, why don't we try to sacrifice a riced out Civic?
Maybe in a car press! :idea: Oh, that'd be fun! *devil*

moerom
10-25-2002, 01:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tony that was hilarious! Lets sacrifice a riced out Honda and the Gods will be pleased :D Better yet, lets sacrifice those 89 Tercels with 19" chrome bling bling rims on them. The more two foot high spoilers, the better :)

I truly am disappointed though. I really wanted to run tonight. Ah well. MKgino had a good idea which was to go to St. Thomas either this Sunday, next Friday, or next Sunday.

Tony, would you be up for St. Thomas during one of those three dates?

mkgino
10-25-2002, 05:21 PM
So what do you guys think about next sunday at St Thomas then??

moerom
10-25-2002, 05:59 PM
Im up for it!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-25-2002, 07:28 PM
hey does anyone wanna meet up and just **** around? maybe go see jackass?

tlaselva
10-25-2002, 09:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tony that was hilarious! Lets sacrifice a riced out Honda and the Gods will be pleased :D Better yet, lets sacrifice those 89 Tercels with 19" chrome bling bling rims on them. The more two foot high spoilers, the better :)

I truly am disappointed though. I really wanted to run tonight. Ah well. MKgino had a good idea which was to go to St. Thomas either this Sunday, next Friday, or next Sunday.

Tony, would you be up for St. Thomas during one of those three dates?

I'm up for Sunday this or next.
Friday next week wouldn't be good for me.

MP328
10-26-2002, 12:22 AM

:mad:

The racing god's doth not smile upon us......*no-no*
Nice the whole week the past 2, then as the weekend appears, BOOM, the rain comes.
Maybe what we need is a sacrifice to appease the racing gods.
Hey, why don't we try to sacrifice a riced out Civic?
Maybe in a car press! :idea: Oh, that'd be fun! *devil*

no the thing is the racing gods are waiting for me :D :D :D *wave* *wave* see three weeks ago when i went it was fine after that i went back on afternoon shift and both fridays it was raining. now i'm back on days again so i can go next friday and the weather is gonna be good to http://www.theweathernetwork.com/cities/can/cayuga_ON.htm actually it says there that it might snow!!!!

st. thomas is almost 170km-200km if not even more i don't know if i feel driving that much. cayuga is way closer both ways it's 200km maybe.

mkgino
10-26-2002, 02:54 AM
Wow St thomas is that far? Im out, forget it, I didnt think it was that far.....

burnhard22
10-26-2002, 09:41 AM
Sorry I couldn't make..anyone else got the cold bug and a sore neck.
Spring for sure.
Really want to find out how slow my car is.
Burnahard
p.s or if we could get 1 Indian summer in Nov..I'm there*smoke*