PDA

View Full Version : Some items from my E36 for sale soon...

djcontra
10-21-2002, 04:12 PM
Just an FYI, but in a month or two's time I will have the following items for sale, for now they're staying on the car until it sells.

-4door e36 clear corners (fronts only)

-Philips D2R 4300k HID bulbs (not the fake kind)

-Performance Chip for E36 325 w/ vanos (1993 to 1994)

-6 Bosch Platinum +4's (for sale now, used only 1 week, and for sale immediately to help out a friend of mine...price will be 15% off of whatever you can buy them at the store for)

-OBX Weapon (R?) chrome intake tube, (for sale now, best offer)

-18x8 Chrome Rial RS (no tires) $1000 as is, $1500 (approx) refinished. Two of them need to be rechromed.

-SACHS racing coilovers $1500 (only for sale if i decide to go with airbag suspension) retail price $3000 new, only used for 1 year.

jeremy
10-21-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
Just an FYI, but in a month or two's time I will have the following items for sale, for now they're staying on the car until it sells.

-4door e36 clear corners (fronts only)

-Philips D2R 4300k HID bulbs (not the fake kind)

-Performance Chip for E36 325 w/ vanos (1993 to 1994)

-6 Bosch Platinum +4's (for sale now, used only 1 week, and for sale immediately to help out a friend of mine...price will be 15% off of whatever you can buy them at the store for)

-18x8 Chrome Rial RS (no tires) $1000 as is, $1500 (approx) refinished. Two of them need to be rechromed.

-SACHS racing coilovers $1500 (only for sale if i decide to go with airbag suspension) retail price $3000 new, only used for 1 year.

where you doin the air ride...? i looked into it and actualy became a distributor for "air ride technologies" but they want like a 10,000 u.s first purchase (they want yo to keep overhead)..i also checked a place in hamilton (custom so low) and they wanted 7,000 can to do it...and they were all like 17 years old and didnt even have a hydraulic lift in there shop..

djcontra
10-21-2002, 05:09 PM
I met up with a guy Russell from Illustrious Illusionz last night when he towed my car home from the west end (long story)
and he was telling me all about airbag suspensions and how he can install a kit on my next e36 like his sister has on her e30m3.
Cost hasn't been discussed but it'll be signifigantly less than buying a new coilover kit.
I just need to find out if the airbags are legal for track use because i want to do some quarter mile racing with the next car.

jeremy
10-21-2002, 05:12 PM
let me know how it plays out, i would be interested as well...i've been living at my gf's house since march, because my car wont clear my underground parking ramp at my condo...and they were ticketing me when i parked outside in the visitors parking, even though i had a spot downstairs*mumble*

Elie_d
10-23-2002, 06:05 PM
i am intrested in the following

-6 Bosch Platinum

and the

What is the best deal you can give me on that

bimmermafia
10-23-2002, 06:06 PM
did u end up getting a price for air ride from those guys yet?

Billy

djcontra
10-23-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Elie_d
i am intrested in the following

-6 Bosch Platinum

and the

What is the best deal you can give me on that

Find an ad in the paper or on the net for the bosch platinum +4's and i'll sell them to you for 15% less than what the ad shows.
I think i paid something like $65 for them new, but i'm not sure.

and as for the OBX intake, i'll post a picture tonight or tomorrow and you can make an offer. I just want to show that it does have some blemishes in the finish.

M50E30
10-23-2002, 10:05 PM
Air bags? I can see if your car is going to be a show car, but to drag it too? I think that daily driving and dragging the car will be hard on the bags and possiblity of tearing them is pretty damn good. I wanted to do that (air bags) to my Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon but the 8.2L 502c.i. V8 will tear them to shreads! LOL! I will be putting on a drag suspension to get proper launches due to the massive ammouts of torque that beast will have.

My $0.02,
Dave

P.S.: The Buick is a loooong term project...so long that I don't know when it will be done...so DON'T ask! LOL! Sorry...just sick of everyone asking me about it! ;)

mkgino
10-23-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
Air bags? I can see if your car is going to be a show car, but to drag it too? I think that daily driving and dragging the car will be hard on the bags and possiblity of tearing them is pretty damn good. I wanted to do that (air bags) to my Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon but the 8.2L 502c.i. V8 will tear them to shreads! LOL! I will be putting on a drag suspension to get proper launches due to the massive ammouts of torque that beast will have.

My $0.02,
Dave

P.S.: The Buick is a loooong term project...so long that I don't know when it will be done...so DON'T ask! LOL! Sorry...just sick of everyone asking me about it! ;)

So when's it gonna be done? :)

M50E30
10-23-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by mkgino

So when's it gonna be done? :)

How did I know some one was going to ask! GGGgggrrrr! :) Well how about you give me about $50,000 so I can start it mkgino?

Dave

P.S.: Mind the bad photoshop job on the doors and gas cap. I removed the woodgrain and surrounding trim...I just had to take it out of the crate! LOL!

JJ.
10-23-2002, 11:29 PM
If your looking at getting aribags check out these guys in burlington, Underworld Customs. They do alot of airbag suspensions, and all the work they've done on my car has been top quality.

djcontra
10-24-2002, 11:59 AM
For sure i'm going to be asking questions about how much torque the airbags can take before something goes wrong. I dont want to run into problems with them, especially if i decide to drive harder than normal.
If it doesn't suit my needs then i will just slap on my coilovers, and drop the car real low *devil*

Betray
10-24-2002, 12:01 PM
are the fronts OEM?
how much?

djcontra
10-24-2002, 01:38 PM
naw they're aftermarket. I figure i could prolly sell them for $20 obo

mpower1226
10-24-2002, 03:31 PM
please excuse my ignorance but what is this airbag suspension?

djcontra
10-24-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by mpower1226
please excuse my ignorance but what is this airbag suspension?

Try not to confuse them with hydraulics on low riders but airbags are somewhat similar. Basically instead of springs (and maybe shocks too) you ride on an inflated cylinder of air that gets inflated by air compressors in your car. At the flick of a switch you can drop your ride height from stock to scraping along the ground if you wanted to, but i'd probably just keep it fairly low, and then raise my car when i was going over speed bumps or into driveways etc.
So in a nutshell you can raise and lower your car at will.

i dont think you can make the car jump though =)

Airbags are also nice for when you wanna lower the car so that the ladies can climb in with ease, and when you park, dropping the car to the lowest it will go will probably deteur people from trying to steal it =)

M50E30
10-24-2002, 04:12 PM
Ok air bags are not a solution to lower your car!!! When you lower the car the air bags are soft and it is not supporting your car properly! Think of the bag as the spring...the main support in your car. If the spring is broken or gone soft then the car handles like crap...same idea with soft air bags.

Air bag suspension is ment for transport trucks and show cars. If I decide to do the air bag idea with my wagon then it will not be a drag/show car, it will be a show only with a sound q sterio system.

djcontra
10-24-2002, 05:12 PM
ok that's cool i didn't know that, but i guess that makes sense too
perhaps i shouldn't go that route then
i need stiff suspension when lowered

M50E30
10-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Check out...http://www.ridetech.com/toc.htm! I had this link saved in my Favorites for my wagon. Doubt there are any BMW stuff, but check out the UPS Van! SWEET!

*th-up*

BTW there might be some helpfull information since I haven't researched air bags in a long time.

Betray
10-24-2002, 11:34 PM
for 20 bucks? they cracked? so im guessing plastic?

djcontra
10-24-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Betray
for 20 bucks? they cracked? so im guessing plastic?

Nope, they're in perfect condition, and yes they're plastic (so are oem ones).
I only paid about $30 for them new.