PDA

View Full Version : Retrieval of trouble codes - 1995 525i

Mavrick
02-01-2006, 06:07 PM
The CE light came on yesturday and i was wondering if there is a simple way for me to get the codes myself to see what is up before i take it to a shop.

Any help?

Thanks,

Striker
02-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Most BMW clubs keep a code reader and would share it around. I would suggest
checking with your local club to see if they can either loan it to you or run the scan. There is also the self test done with either the brake or gas pedal (cant remember in your case) and counting the light pulses.

Mavrick
02-02-2006, 06:54 PM
The latter is the one that i am interested in, as i live in a small town with no local BMW clubs.

Is the selftest done the same way as it would be in our 88 325i? I believe it was to turn the key on and press the gas pedal 5 times and the dash would flash out some codes. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Striker
02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
The latter is the one that i am interested in, as i live in a small town with no local BMW clubs.

Is the selftest done the same way as it would be in our 88 325i? I believe it was to turn the key on and press the gas pedal 5 times and the dash would flash out some codes. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Quite correct, your car has the M50B25 There are sites with the # of flashes for the corrosponding codes.

If you have your owners manual it should also give you the sequence. I can also look it up for you in the Bentley manual.

Striker
02-02-2006, 08:30 PM
All the information you need is here

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/motronic.html