PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good place to paint my bimmer?

djcontra
01-21-2002, 06:10 PM
I am looking into paint shops now because I want to get my car repainted in the springtime.

I only have about $1000 to do the job, but i believe all i will need to do is paint front and rear bumpers, as well as side skirts, eyebrows, spoiler, and m3 mirrors.

also, if they can maybe they can remove a long deep scratch as well, somebody keyed my car pretty bad at work =~( but i can live without that being fixed right away, it's been long enough now that it doesn't upset me AS much but it is still upsetting

MPRESION
01-21-2002, 06:13 PM
You can try European Autobody and talk to Emilio there. Prices may be a tad higher then others but he only works on bimmers and Ferraris and his work is outstanding.

Bliss
01-21-2002, 08:23 PM
Yes, European Autobody is a really good place, and you don't have to worry about the jobs they do, but just like mpresion said, speak to Emilio.

djcontra
01-21-2002, 08:32 PM
how much do you think it will cost to do those parts though? Again i dont have a whole lot of money to spend on it, just maybe $1000

i had a few other cars of mine re-painted the same colour for $890 in ajax and they came out stock quality, no overspray and they did 3 coats and 2 coats clear.

but i prefer not to drive out that far.

Bliss
01-21-2002, 08:36 PM
I think you'll be looking around the 1000 area. Give or take 200-300 but dont quote me on it, cuz i don't know. I had my full hamann kit installed and painted for 1100 plus tax, which was pretty good i thought.

djcontra
01-21-2002, 08:39 PM
wow pretty good

where did you get your hamann kit from?
i want to get a hamann rear bumper

Gamite
01-21-2002, 08:53 PM
what about if you just want to get your trims done like mine?

Bliss
01-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
wow pretty good

where did you get your hamann kit from?
i want to get a hamann rear bumper
I got my hamann kit at wheel power in LA. Gamite, im not sure how much the trim would be.

djcontra
01-21-2002, 10:21 PM
ah ok i might order a hamann kit from either vancouver or i found this snazzy place in south africa where a whole kit i designed of m3 mirrors, e46m3 urethane bumper, hamann rear bumper, hamann front splitters, m3 sideksirts, and LTW rear spoiler for $506 canadian

i just have to find a freight company to ship it here
the south african rand is soooo cheap right now prices are insanely cheap there

EMPOWERD
01-22-2002, 12:32 AM
I had my entire (show winning) car done my Unique Auto Collision in Mississauga. Straight_6 also had his car painted there and I can honestly say that they are cheaper than European AutoBody. Their phone # is (905)625-4886..... ask for Frank and go there in person for an accurate quote. They've been in business for over 25years and it's a big reputable place. They are located on Crestlawn Rd (Dixie & Eglington Area). Good luck where ever you decide.

Gurl Bmw
01-22-2002, 01:16 PM
There is a place in Niagara Falls called Advantage that will pretty much do a Full Colour Change For around $1000..... They don't rip people off... and do show quailty painting...

theblue
01-22-2002, 02:13 PM
Ok, now you people have my confused. Everytime I talk to somebody about how much it costs to do a color change I get told $4000-6000 USD on average. Why is this so much cheaper in Canada ??

Bliss
01-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by theblue
Ok, now you people have my confused. Everytime I talk to somebody about how much it costs to do a color change I get told $4000-6000 USD on average. Why is this so much cheaper in Canada ??

It's not usually that cheap. That is a CRAZY low price to do a full color change. Can you give us some more detail on this place, Gurl Bmw?

Gurl Bmw
01-22-2002, 02:57 PM
I don't have their phone number but I can get it.... It is located in Niagara Falls on I believe off Stanely Ave. It has painted alot of the show cars in the Show Circuit... One for instance Keith Losier ( Kamelon Talon) He is the one that won most of the shows last year?? Ring a bell? Anyways they did his car and the fiberglassing of his dash and stereo... They are awesome.... I am pretty possitive that a colour change is that cheap..... I might be off by a couple of hundred but they are very fair..... They are always busy though..... I am getting my car re-srayed there in 3 weeks.... I am just getting it cleared again though.....