PDA

View Full Version : Any good/fun stretches of road in the T.O. area?

thinair
01-21-2002, 05:39 PM
nice windy hilly stuff, without being lined with cliffs if possible though.:confused:

djcontra
01-21-2002, 06:29 PM
the dvp

and maybe highway 7

but nothing really that i remember

Gamite
01-21-2002, 06:33 PM
hwy 7? There's so much cops on that road now.

thinair
01-21-2002, 06:35 PM
The DVP is fun when you're heading south.

Isn't Hwy 7 straight as an arrow?

djcontra
01-21-2002, 06:36 PM
yeah there are so many cops everywhere now

the best fun i had with my car was when i went up north to rice lake. When i got to the cottage, i slammed my car down (coilovers), and took it for a spin.
Going 200km/h around some of the windy roads up there was amazing. there wasn't a car in sight most of the time, and when there was ijust blew past them like no tomorrow. I didn't even see one cop up there the whole week.

I wanted to go faster but i guess the speed limiter on these cars wouldn't let me. My revs wouldn't go past 4500rpm or something (i can't remember exactly)

but it was damn scary too. One slight turn in the steering wheel sends you into the oncomming lane lol

djcontra
01-21-2002, 06:40 PM
oh and not to mention the hills. Some of them were so sharp that i could have sworn my car lifted off the ground and launched in the air (maybe an inch or so) because it felt really floaty for a split second, then a jolt as it felt like it laned on the ground hehe

nothing superhigh like in the movies, but it definately felt like at least the front lifted up heh

NickP
01-21-2002, 07:24 PM
There's several roads listed on this website, Guelph line several km's south of the 401's pretty fun, watch out for the railroad tracks.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/elhum/index.htm

JJ.
01-21-2002, 07:36 PM
Yeah I live on Guelph Line and during the summer theres tons of cars and bikes here everyday on the windy country roads around here. Just take the 401 west for like 25 mins from downtown. And go South on Guelph line.

Bliss
01-21-2002, 07:56 PM
I don't know if you guys are familiar with the west side. Meaning Mississauga, and Brampton, and Orangeville. Anyways there's a street called "Forks of the Credit" its right off of hwy 10. It is absolutely amazing there. Awsome scenery and cottage life. Super wavy roads that go up and down and all around. Very nice place.*th-up*

EMPOWERD
01-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Bliss
I don't know if you guys are familiar with the west side. Meaning Mississauga, and Brampton, and Orangeville. Anyways there's a street called "Forks of the Credit" its right off of hwy 10. It is absolutely amazing there. Awsome scenery and cottage life. Super wavy roads that go up and down and all around. Very nice place.*th-up*

AHHHH... The forks!

I know every turn on that road like the back of my hand! I spend hours there with all my bike friends every summer. Now the locals are starting to spread gravel on the bends for us and the police even set up a "noise" trap measuring device to measue Db on out bike mufflers this past summer.... Anyways, the forks is basically the end of Mississauga Road, so follow it up from the 401 about 20km and your in curve heaven (or sometimes a biker's hell*devil* ).

EMPOWERD
01-22-2002, 01:04 AM
During the summer, a lot of us also ride up and down the Don Valley ParkingLot, but when there's too many cops out, we love to blast down Wynford Dr (East of the DVP) and pop out at the Science Center.. then we make our way on Eglington to Bayview and take it (the "Extension") all the way down to Rosedale Valley and race up that to Yorkville (Young & Bloor) We do that 5 times a weekend and just cause terror!*devil*