PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Burton T6 Snowboard!

irvz
01-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I decided to sell my T6 because i'm having too much fun with my freestyle board. I originally bought this T6 for freeride/mountain use but decided that I'm probably going to do more park/pipe riding this year and having this is an alternate board is just a luxury that's too expensive for my life. So i'm letting this baby go.

If you don't already know, the Burton T6 is the second highest priced board in the Burton line (the VAPOR being the first). If you check out the specs, the VAPOR and the T6 are very close with the only major differences being in the price (Vapor $1300 - T6 $900) and that the VAPOR is one pound lighter than the T6. Both are built with ALUMIFLY (aluminum honeycomb) cores, instead of traditional wood cores. This board is SERIOUSLY fast and responsive and wouldn't recommend it for beginners (unless you're extremely rich and don't mind blowing money!)

It is the 2005/2006 model in size 152. It is the only T6 to come in WHITE and has never been used once. I got it in Burton NYC for $559USD. They retail for $669 ($899CAD - we always get screwed) but this is a 'SECOND' board which means it has a cosmetic difference and they knocked off $100USD off the price at the store. The difference on this board is that one of the sidewalls is RED instead of white. If you ask me, it just makes the board look cooler because the color scheme of it anyways is white and red, so having that red sidewall just makes it look pimp and goes with the flow of the board.

Other than that, the board is built EXACTLY the same and has no 'performance' difference whatsoever. It is still covered by the Burton W48 Warranty which I doubt you'll ever need to use because this board is 'the most durable board' they make. Look at it this way, the third most expensive board, the 'CUSTOM X', has a 1 out of 367 boards return claim, while the T6 has a 1 in every 1240 boards! This board is no joke.

I usually go ride at BLUE and saw the stores selling new ones for $899 and a used one was going for $649 at Mountain Sports. So I decided that I'll sell it for $650 flat.

Cash is cool or PAYPAL. I'll ship on the buyers expense or local pickup in Brampton is fine.

http://mirror06.burton.com/images/gear/pp/B60221011.jpg

irvz
01-17-2006, 11:08 AM
oh yeah, I almost forgot the COOLEST ASPECT of the board! since it's made out of the ALUMIFLY core Burton wanted to display it buy making sections of the board SEE-THRU!! If you hold it to the light, the 'T6' logo shines through the honeycomb core. Now that's SIICK!

crusher
01-17-2006, 05:41 PM
bump for you.. that board is so sick, almost bought one but instead bought a Canyon.. maybe next season i could play around with some nice boards :)

PS: What freestyle board do you have? Blunt or Dominant?

Jeff

irvz
01-17-2006, 10:59 PM
thanks for the bump bud..i currently ride a CUSTOM X right now and LOVE IT TO DEATH! I would definetely keep this T6 aswell but i'm not rich enough to have both in my budget :(

Shark
01-23-2006, 01:27 AM
thanks for the bump bud..i currently ride a CUSTOM X right now and LOVE IT TO DEATH! I would definetely keep this T6 aswell but i'm not rich enough to have both in my budget :(

Burton give me to ride the CUSTOM X tonight, DAMN GOOD BOARD!!!

Shark
02-05-2006, 11:10 AM
irvz check your pm

irvz
02-07-2006, 12:40 AM
new price boys: $550!

why the big drop?

well my cousin bought it for $650 but decided that this board is way to fast for him (like i warned). he got the board's topsheet protected with that clear laminate that they use on skis that costs $75 to do. I think it's a good investment to protect your topsheet just because there's alot of careless skiiers and boarders who scrape against your board on chairlifts and stuff!

there's also a clear burton spike mat that he put on it too. this board has just been waxed again and shows very little wear. he only took it up about 3 or 4 times for only a short period of time.

just wanted to give a heads up to those who were inquiring before..