PDA

View Full Version : My new car - Non Bmw Again :P

Manimillion
01-15-2006, 12:29 PM
While looking at E36 M3's, I bought myself a 1999 Mustang GT. I am pretty realistic about what I have bought, I still say the interior is a piece of shit, and the car is too nose heavy, but other then that I am pretty happy with my purchase, just because it didn't put a big dent in my wallet.

http://www.manimillion.com/temp/mus.jpg

The car has quite alot of money invested in it. Thats why I actually considered buying it.

This is the mod list of the car so far :

- Spec Stage 3 Clutch
- Spec Lightened Flywheel
- Headman Longtube Headers
- Steeda 5 link 2 Rear Suspension
- Steeda Lower Control Arms
- Steeda Rear Sway Bar
- Steeda Subframe Connectors
- Steeda Camber/Caster Plates
- Steeda Competition Springs
- Steeda Front Strut Tower Brace
- Steeda Bump Steer Kit
- Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable
- Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
- Steeda Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
- Bilstein Shocks
- 3.73 Gears
- 13" Cobra Front Brakes, 11.65" Cobra Rear Brakes
- Magnaflow 2.5" Mufflers

This season I am planning/hoping on getting :

- Maximum Motorsports Steering Shaft
- A set of racing seats
- A Proper Cold Air Kit
- A set of slicks for solo.

Let the flaming begin! *wave*

jeremy
01-15-2006, 12:34 PM
looks pretty nice ! any interior shots ?

Soldo
01-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Nice car...... hillbilly!

Manimillion
01-15-2006, 12:45 PM
looks pretty nice ! any interior shots ?

Interior is stock, except the tri-ax shifter (i donno if that makes a big difference). My camera's are not used to taking pictures of fischer-price quality plastic, thats why I haven't taken pics of interior, and also the car is being stored at the moment.

Manimillion
01-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Nice car...... hillbilly!

Thanks.

My new signature will be,

YEEEHAW!

Soldo
01-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Shoulda got the M!

hahaha, i like the ride, not a HUGE dan of silver cars in general.

All you gotta do is slap on a COBRA rear end since its got an independant rear, and then you'll get some respect around here!

HICK!

Mystikal
01-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I liked the Contour.

My friend started working at a Ford dealer, and called me up when a customer's SVT was in for service. Of course we went joy-riding, nice car save for the interior and FWD.

Understated
01-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I liked the Contour.

My friend started working at a Ford dealer, and called me up when a customer's SVT was in for service. Of course we went joy-riding, nice car save for the interior and FWD.

LOL! thats hillariosu ur buddys call u when a high performance car comes in for service :D :D

i'm NEVER taking my car in to the dealer!*no-no*

Mystikal
01-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Seriously, don't trust dealers. He learned to drive stick on customer's Mustangs and LS'.

They're getting 2 Ford GTs in next month. Should be fun...

paul christians
01-15-2006, 07:20 PM
you just got FLAMED...And for you JAY you are a bad boy...HEHEHWHW...........

DAM
01-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Nice car, those are the best rims that came stock on that model. I have driven BMWs and Benzs and a bunch of other nice cars, but i find that mustangs attract more attention

If that thing has leather you will be stuck to that seat in the summer when you are driving around without a shirt

jeremy
01-16-2006, 08:36 AM
I liked the Contour.

that's why you wait at the dealer and watch threw the little window into the shop...

man that pisses me off..:D

Manimillion
01-16-2006, 11:16 AM
If that thing has leather you will be stuck to that seat in the summer when you are driving around without a shirt

LOL! Hahah... I guess I have to get used to the idea of driving with no shirt :P And it has good old cloth seats, its a base model. No need for leather in a Mustang.

Manimillion
01-16-2006, 11:17 AM
I liked the Contour.

I still have my SVT sitting behind the mustang with a cover on. But I will sell it since I don't need 3 cars. It would have been a cool daily driver, but it is too much just for a daily driver, I'd atleast like to keep one stock car to drive daily.

SebSter
01-16-2006, 04:53 PM
What do you guys think about this car?

Im seriously considering one for my next car, How is it in the winter? ... Does it have a limited slip diff or does it have any sort of traction control?

Manimillion
01-16-2006, 08:44 PM
What do you guys think about this car?

Im seriously considering one for my next car, How is it in the winter? ... Does it have a limited slip diff or does it have any sort of traction control?

I've been driving an '06 GT this winter, automatic, convertible and so far so good, we got alot of snow in Ottawa, driving in deep snow is a pain, but as long as you know what you are doing, I don't see it being a big problem, unless its icey outside. Its just plain dangerous to drive that thing when there is alot of freezing rain, but that only happens 1ce or 2ce a year. If you wanna drive it is not doable like some people say, you just have to take it easy, and always get out as early as you can for your appointments :P

328power
01-19-2006, 02:45 PM
i hate them with a passion myself .. but whatever your happy with....

DAM
01-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Max Mustang meet in the spring. I'll be there with mine, maybe we can even track down RevShot:D