PDA

View Full Version : Autocross

burnhard22
10-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Guys, help this virgin out. What equip do you require/not require (you & the car-if any) for the autocross? Can any car particpate and where do you get the waiver..I've heard about?
Please be gentle it's my first time..?
Burnhard*smoke*

EMPOWERD
10-16-2002, 08:53 PM
take out your spare tire and stereo equipment (if you can).... bring a jacket, umbrella, lawn chair, tire pressure guage and money $53.00 for membership + $15.00 for event fee. That's pretty much it. wear comfy clothes too.

hawai-Ian
10-17-2002, 04:25 PM
....and switch to crappy tires coz it's a stupped round-a-round pylons race on asphalt/concrete. save your good rubbers.

autoX is the grade school of motorsports *wave*

hawai-Ian
10-17-2002, 04:30 PM
this is one sick e30. I LIKE, I LIKE I LIKE !!!! *ms*
deserves another shot
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=49947

burnhard22
10-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Thanks Ian,
Lotta work under the hood still to come.(next year of course)
Burnhard22*smoke*
p.s and YES, it is MY BMW...

got torque?
10-18-2002, 04:53 PM
autoX is the grade school of motorsports

That's a pretty stupid thing to say. The skills and techniques that make you a good autocrosser translate directly to open track driving or racing. Ask around.

Sorry, but the statement you made shows people that you really don't know much about motorsports.

GT?

burnhard22
10-18-2002, 07:49 PM
When is the next BMW driving school..etc.??
*smoke*

jeremy
10-18-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by burnhard22
Guys, help this virgin out. What equip do you require/not require (you & the car-if any) for the autocross? Can any car particpate and where do you get the waiver..I've heard about?
Please be gentle it's my first time..?
Burnhard*smoke*

love the car man....*th-up* where did you pick up that kit ??? anymore pics ??

EMPOWERD
10-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by burnhard22
When is the next BMW driving school..etc.??
*smoke*

It's next year in April. If you're interested be sure to contact www.bmwclub.ca by mid Jan. Spots get filled instantly, don't waste time. I'll post a reminder when the time comes.

burnhard22
10-20-2002, 02:11 AM
Jeremy-I got pkg from Reiger Tuning-same Co. people have been mentioning problems with some sales guy at in discussion forum? But I had no problems.
& Thanks for the info on the driving school Randy..
Burnhard*smoke*

ara325
10-22-2002, 09:44 AM
I knew you were a virgin all along!!!!!

burnhard22
10-26-2002, 09:46 AM
Easy now Ara325is...
since you did her sister...remember I was there..does Quebec City in grade...ring a bell...and for "got torqued" if you were referring to my virgin post..sorry that we are all not as good drivers as you..p.s and i am not related to Rob..teehee
Burnhard
p.s.s but willing to learn.lol*smoke* *devil*

hawai-Ian
10-26-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by got torque?

That's a pretty stupid thing to say. The skills and techniques that make you a good autocrosser translate directly to open track driving or racing. Ask around.

Sorry, but the statement you made shows people that you really don't know much about motorsports.

GT?

sho-ur-right. can you tell me where/when schumie and senna autoX?

got torque?
10-26-2002, 11:53 AM
You've missed the point. Let me help you:

The point wasn't whether or not F1 drivers (alive or dead) are autocrossers.

The point was that you can actually learn a ton of skills and principles from autocrossing. It's been proven over and over again. It's a fact. Ask any of the people on this board who do it.

GT?

hawai-Ian
10-26-2002, 12:13 PM
hahaha im not knockin' autoX, you 'mis-dissected' my comment. 'grade school' means fundamental or early studies something along these lines. sho-ur-right, its a start.
I know autoX. it's an exciting and heart thomping experience for beginners and 'i'll show you' atitude for seasoned racers. Sure there will be adrenalin flowing in anticipation for going around pylons and target apexing. only lacking is wheel-to-wheel racing. it's a fun event! *th-up*

burnhard22
10-26-2002, 07:59 PM
Everyones gotta start somewhere....*smoke*

ara325
10-28-2002, 08:54 AM
Ahhhhhhhh! Quebec City...grade 10, Natalie? and Valerie?...how could I forget....and it was all downhill from there, just kidding! B-Lo! I raced a CLK 430 this am, and you know what...he had a pretty hard time beating me. I was surprised because the Benz is a 4.3 litre 300-ish horsepower machine but I guess he learned his lesson...Don't fart around with the Beeeemer!

Ara Van-Beemer-Luver!

AY

burnhard22
10-28-2002, 02:18 PM
I'd like to have seen that...no offence...
*smoke*

ara325
10-28-2002, 02:31 PM
No offence taken. Remember, his car is automatic and I don't lie about this type of stuff. I, as well as every other member knows exactly what our cars can and do produce.
Who did your picture like that? I like it!