PDA

View Full Version : Death To Crapy Tire!!!!

zzzreyes
01-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I was wasting time in Barrie before I had to meet with a client and figured I needed new whipers....

I went to the service desk at crappy tire, the dude looked up and walked over and gave me the whippers I needed...

Went to pay, the cashier asked me if I wanted to pay an extra 5 bucks to get it installed! NOW, WHICH SELF RESPECTING MAN WOULD PAY THE 5 bucks???

5 minutes later I went back in and paid the 5 buks... :(

they told me to park my car behind one of their service bay door and some kid came out... he looked at the whipers and looked at the blades for like 5 minutes and told me that they wouldn't fit!

I waited 25 minutes on the customer service counter to talk to someone and when I got there I realize I had lost my recipt! ARGGHHHH!!!!

the lady was true pain in the ass... but while I was talking to her, you could hear on the intercome "Would an owner of a Green BMW license xxx xxxx please move your car, you are blocking the service entrance"
hhahahahaah I now had leverage!!!!!!!

well... I wanted to be a dick and sit down and get them to do all the run around for me and find me my money... but I felt bad and told them that I would go move my car, but in the mean time they get my money back...

ANYHOW... after 1.5 hours... I still have no whippers!

where else can I buy whippers?

Evo328i
01-08-2006, 01:07 PM
what are whippers? you must mean WIPERS!

propr'one
01-08-2006, 01:14 PM
im pretty sure canadian tire has wipers to fit most bmw's.

or go to maranello's. Bring your Mother****ign Wallet.

O.S.
01-08-2006, 09:08 PM
nope .. you can't buy e39 wipers there

Understated
01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
just steal them off cars on the dealer lot and run like hell :D

X5HogTown
01-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Do you have the original oem wipers? Go to BMW and buy inserts for $12ea. It will take an hour to change them first time around, gets easier after a bit of practice.

In my experience, crappy tire wipers will never work properly on a BMW. The connectors are slightly different and the blades won't press flat against the windshield.

ZiMMie
01-08-2006, 09:34 PM
the size on the e39/e46s are not available. the only choice u have will be a refill/inserts. u can purchase them either @ canadian tire or partsource. PartSource also sell BOSCH wipers but doesnt come in sizes of the e39/e46. but for Bosch refill ull have to go the dealer. all there other refill sold @ ctc doesnt last that long.

TEUTONICFOOL
01-09-2006, 09:27 PM
zzzreyes, i always wonder if this is ur first bmw. also, u r always bitching about the dealer ripping u off. now crapy tire is screwing u. please do some research about the car u r driving. ask question, no matter how stupid it is, there r people around that will gladly give u advise. there r certain things u don' but from crapy tire for ur bimmer. wiper blade will be the first things. brake parts are next. keep asking question but pls don't bitch about the dealer or crapy tire. in some case they r live saver.*th-up*

zzzreyes
01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
although I did find the cost of the work done high, I still have to be thankful that they were able to get my car in right away.
In Toronto there was no way they would have been able to see my car for a week, the london dealership was very helpful and did work on my car during the holidays, which was good.

I looked into the work that goes into changing the transmission switch and still can't figure out how it adds up to be close to 600 bucks... but whatever... needed to get fixed.

No it is not my first beemer.. its my 3rd, but it is my first e39.

sorry if my comments bother you, you could optionally not read anything I post or just keep your inner thoughts to yourself.

X5HogTown thanks for explaining why I shouldnt get "WHIPPERS" from crappy tire. I will pick a set next time I am south... and probably get extras to keep around my garage.

speedemn
03-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Do you have the original oem wipers? Go to BMW and buy inserts for $12ea. It will take an hour to change them first time around, gets easier after a bit of practice.

What dealer is that? My local BMW dealer wants $20 per wiper insert.

Dado 540
03-29-2008, 12:54 PM
People you all know bmw's parts are big money....everyone knew that before they even bought the car. That's why bmw's are lease vehicles...drive and dont worry about a thing. So after the smart guy is done leasing the car and abusing the **** out of it he gives it back and gets another...while people like us buy the leased cars and have to deal with all the reaparis afterwards. But what can you do...i love my E39 540i and i think id walk through fire for it...lol ... so just drive people and enjoy while it lasts!

speedemn
03-29-2008, 03:33 PM
People you all know bmw's parts are big money....everyone knew that before they even bought the car. That's why bmw's are lease vehicles...drive and dont worry about a thing. So after the smart guy is done leasing the car and abusing the **** out of it he gives it back and gets another...while people like us buy the leased cars and have to deal with all the reaparis afterwards. But what can you do...i love my E39 540i and i think id walk through fire for it...lol ... so just drive people and enjoy while it lasts!

I didn't realize that wiper blades are covered under new vehicle warranty... and it is hard to drive the **** out of them! ;) lol... but the logical side of me finds it hard to believe that pieces of rubber can cost $40! $600 for an inspection... sure, whatever... that's the cost of owning a BMW - I accept that without any complaints.

My lease return 540 feels the same as one with 30000 kms (and I have 168000 kms on it... half of which are mine).

Qube
03-29-2008, 06:52 PM
just steal them off cars on the dealer lot and run like hell :D

Shitty old thread... but freaking good idea! :)

Oyster
03-29-2008, 10:51 PM
e39 blades are UNIQUE!

unique clipping design.

I did the insert replacement. Order a set of new blades (metal frame and rubber), a pair cost $51 online

The kit is BOSH and has the correct length for both side.

Bullet Ride
03-30-2008, 09:19 AM
just get them replaced at the dealer when/if you get maintenance there. yeah they are pricey, but your driving a BMW, it's a fact of life.

Junaid
03-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Yea inserts are your best option IMO

bimmerjoe
03-30-2008, 09:02 PM
what are whippers? you must mean WIPERS!

ahahahaha i that was truly funny................... go to bmw, ask them for the universal fit reflex wipers like the new e90's have. there 42 bucks with tax.. there better then stock and they are oem bmw..i had them for my e46 and now i have them for my e39

elroy
03-30-2008, 09:44 PM
lol whippers, i was like um does bmw have some weird part that no other car has lol. I do also have a hate for canadian tire.

slemmer
04-01-2008, 12:26 AM
hook up with someone who works @ a bmw dealership and buy the stuff @ discount.

bimmerjoe
04-01-2008, 12:47 AM
hook up with someone who works @ a bmw dealership and buy the stuff @ discount.

*wave*