PDA

View Full Version : Fixable E36 OEM M3 rear bumper with diffuser CHEAP! $120

Daydream///M3
01-03-2006, 09:12 PM
I have an M3 rear bumper and diffuser from a wrecked M3 that I purchased for my car a week ago.

Here is the scenario, the mother fuc#er that sold it to me said that all was in good condition and stuff and that the bumper was mountable although when I got it, there were a few problems with the bumper where I could not mount it unless a bit of creativity was employed.

The two main things are the inner rail on the driver side is missing.... this is basically the structure that slides into the black rail on your car. This part probably was missing from the accident car. You cant buy it from the dealers however, if you have an existing stock E36 rear bumper, you could remove it from the driver side inner bumper and adhere it to the M bumper.... the rails are the same. I dont have a stock bumper so Im shit out of luck.

The other problem is that the tip of the rear bumper (same driver side missing the rail) is broken but after examination, you could JB weld epoxy it back in shape and for whoever paints this bumper( which I am sure someone will) it will look new again.

Other than those two problems (main ones), there are small cracks in the yellow paint (if you paint it though you wont notice) and a bit of melted diffuser from the exhaust tips Im guessing.

Im selling this for 120 bucks. I lost already 240 since the ass wipe didnt want to refund my shipping and to ship it back to him would cost me 105 bucks so Im trying to see if anyone here will want to fix it and have a bumper for cheap. I cant take the time to fix it so Im trying to cut my losses.

Everyone is welcome to come see it if interested, let me know... I want you all to see the condition before should you decide to buy it.

Lemme know via PM.

Thanks... here are some pics.......

Daydream///M3
01-03-2006, 09:13 PM
here is a pic of the normal inner rail on the passenger side(what it should look like)

Daydream///M3
01-03-2006, 09:15 PM
here is a pic of the driver side inner bumper.... its the one missing the rail which can be taken from the stock e36 bumper and modifed to fit

Daydream///M3
01-03-2006, 09:15 PM
and here is the pic of the broken tip that can be JB welded and then repainted to look new

SickFinga
01-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Who sold it to you?

Eurostyle
01-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Man, you seem to have BAD luck with rear bumpers! Bump for a great price! This is perfect for somebody who wants to spend a bit of time on it...the damage is minimal....

Daydream///M3
01-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Hey guys
Thanks

Some dick in florida whos name on bimmerforums is M3joky8 or some shit like that.

Lets just say hes being uncooperative and its easier for me to sell it then to pay for this huge bumper to be shipped back.

Justin e36
01-04-2006, 04:36 AM
Hmm... are those rails removable from the stock bumper? I'll check mine tomorrow.. if it's easily removed, I'll buy this off you.

Daydream///M3
01-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey Just..., It looks to be that the rails are a whole piece that are attached into slots.

To be honest, they are probably not meant to be removed but upon inspection .... looks like with a little bit of creativity, that it can be removed...... if anyonw can do it.... i know you an from looking at all the stuff you have done to your car.

Daydream///M3
01-05-2006, 05:42 PM
bump

Justin e36
01-05-2006, 05:45 PM
I would/should really buy this, but I can't really justify spending the money right now.

In either case, this is an awesome deal for an OEM rear bumper. Also bump for a great seller too. The damage looks minimal, any bodyshop can repair it and repaint it for under $200 to match your vehicles color.

J

TheMadChigga
01-05-2006, 05:57 PM
can you take the diffuser off the bumper? if so, I'm interested.

Justin e36
01-05-2006, 06:33 PM
^ the diffuser is removed in the first picture, so I'll go out on a limb and answer this for him with a yes, it's removable. Go for it man.. this is a steal.

Daydream///M3
01-06-2006, 12:30 AM
madchigga.... yes you can remove the diffuser but woudnt you want it??

Thanks Justin for the comments

Daydream///M3
01-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Ill throw in some eyelids if anyone wants em too if they get this bumper

Big T
01-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Will you sell just the diffuser? It should be able to fit a regular e36 right..

Daydream///M3
01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
The bumper is sold... big T, contact AKA blackout.... he has one for 55 bucks in good condition oem

TheMadChigga
01-11-2006, 11:25 PM
AH SCHMUCK, I totaly forgot about this.