PDA

View Full Version : FS: Canon Rebel XT (black) D-Slr, 17-85mm IS, Canon 580EX flash and Pelican 1400 Case

GX32
01-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi,
I'm selling my Rebel XT package. All are in new condition and come with original boxes.

1) Rebel XT body, comes with 2 oem Canon batteries
2) Canon 17-85mm with Image Stabilizer with (optional) Hood, very sharp lens
3) Canon 580EX flash - top of the line
4) Pelican 1400 Casing with internal foams to protect all the hardware. Nice and compact, great for travelling!

All packaged, ready to be on the road. used rarely for 1 year. Selling package for $1900.
pm or email crx168@yahoo.ca. Located Downtown Toronto or Markham

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/crx168/case.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/crx168/rebelxt.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/crx168/17-85mmlenswithhood.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/crx168/580ex.jpg

daytona
01-04-2006, 12:01 AM
not bad price..

GX32
01-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Thanks, no one interested yet, guess not much photographers here?

WhadUpp
01-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Theres a few actually, nice but a little too late for me as I aready have too much invested in Olympus including lenses and FL40 flash

Good luck with sale

Ron
01-04-2006, 12:56 AM
One day too late. I just bought my XT yesterday. Do you have any plans to sell the flash, even 1 of the batteries & the lens separately? I wish this post was present yesterday.

GX32
01-04-2006, 01:33 AM
you can't return it? Henry's sells the rebel XT + 17-85mm for $1649 + tax. And I'm throwing in the 580EX + Pelican case basically for free if you think about it. send me an offer through PM on your price for the flash, battery and lens and I'll consider it.

GX32
01-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Theres a few actually, nice but a little too late for me as I aready have too much invested in Olympus including lenses and FL40 flash

Good luck with sale

oooo...good luck with Olympus :( you should stop investing into it then...

WhadUpp
01-04-2006, 02:21 AM
I would put the E1 as a better class of DSLR than Rebel XT anyday of the week even though its only a 5 mgpxl camera

RickN
01-04-2006, 03:43 AM
If you decide to split up the package I'm interested in the flash.

I would put the E1 as a better class of DSLR than Rebel XT anyday of the week even though its only a 5 mgpxl camera
It's all about the glass, not the body. And that is where Canon has only one peer, Nikon.

As for the E1 vs Rebel XT, the E1 can't even hold a candle to the 10D. Yes it's pro vs consumer body but the E1 is not a particularly fast pro body and you cannot compare it to any Canon DSLR on a picture quality basis, especially in low light.

DPReview Sample Shots E1 vs 10D (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse1/page19.asp)

GX32
01-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks RickN for the explanation

GX32
01-05-2006, 04:33 PM
lowered to $1800 for the whole package for maxforums only

WhadUpp
01-30-2006, 10:09 PM
"It's all about the glass, not the body. And that is where Canon has only one peer, Nikon."

True glass is paramount in image quality -Not true, The Olympus Zuiko ED lenses is just as good as Canon's EF lenses. Figures you would say that.

"As for the E1 vs Rebel XT, the E1 can't even hold a candle to the 10D. "

-Since when was the XT ever designated as a 10D, again little knowledge on your part as expected.

True Canon is superb but its not true that it has only Nikon as a peer, Olympus is part of the big 3 in SLR and DSLR game.

Bump for the XT kit, not a bad package at all and should find a good home.:)

Is it sold yet?

Nice package for sure*th-up*

BMWF1
01-30-2006, 11:41 PM
How much for just the rebel with the stock lens?

thanks

RickN
02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Bumpola.

"It's all about the glass, not the body. And that is where Canon has only one peer, Nikon."

True glass is paramount in image quality -Not true, The Olympus Zuiko ED lenses is just as good as Canon's EF lenses. Figures you would say that.

I am not referring to the quality of the glass, I am referring to the available lenses. How many lenses does Olympus offer for the E1? 14. How much do they cost? About 3-4 times the average price of a likely superior Canon equivalent. Canon and Nikon currently sell over 60 lenses each, not to mention the offerings from Sigma, Tamron, etc... Plus there is Canon's image stabilization offered on many lenses and even Nikon has few with this feature now.

"As for the E1 vs Rebel XT, the E1 can't even hold a candle to the 10D. "

-Since when was the XT ever designated as a 10D, again little knowledge on your part as expected.
The XT, image quality wise, is far superior to the 10D. So if the 10D utterly blows away the E1 as shown on the dpreview.com E1 review, just image how bad the E1 would stack up against an XT. That is what I am getting at.

True Canon is superb but its not true that it has only Nikon as a peer, Olympus is part of the big 3 in SLR and DSLR game.

LOL...OK. Then why does Sigma, who offer about 43 lenses for Nikon and Canon, only offer 3 Olympus mount lenses? Maybe because nobody buys Olympus DSLRs? Why anyone would buy any DSLR other than Nikon or Canon is beyond me. Both are light years ahead of anything else out there when it comes to selection of lenses, sensor quality, low noise images, auto focus, etc, etc... If you buy something else you are taking a big risk simply because these 2 companies will put the others out of business if things continue as they are now.