PDA

View Full Version : Our Dodge Ram (pics)

e24_635csi
01-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Nothin special but I thought Id toss up a few pics with the new camera. The truck is a 97' Dodge ram 1500, 4x4 (318ci V8). It has 361,XXXkm and i think its starting to die. Its pretty well bone stock except for the trail-master shocks, Hella foglamps, 305 tires, and K&N Filter. Oh yeah and the blue racing stripes that add a good 15 horse:D . Its had a good life and it may be replaced with a new Sierra Denali in the summer. What do you think of her?

Matt

XtremeKaz
01-02-2006, 05:47 PM
i always liked the look of those years
i originally back in the day before the new srt10 ram wanted to do a viper motor in those styles

Darkness95m3
01-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Nothin special but I thought Id toss up a few pics with the new camera. The truck is a 97' Dodge ram 1500, 4x4 (318ci V8). It has 361,XXXkm and i think its starting to die. Its pretty well bone stock except for the trail-master shocks, Hella foglamps, 305 tires, and K&N Filter. Oh yeah and the blue racing stripes that add a good 15 horse:D . Its had a good life and it may be replaced with a new Sierra Denali in the summer. What do you think of her?

Matt

Looks good. If the body is in great shape I would keep her, just replace the motor.

propr'one
01-02-2006, 06:46 PM
If you can afford it, keep it. Its always useful to have a truck around, and Dodge ram's aren't the worst trucks out there by far. Replace/rebuild the motor, but other than that...

e24_635csi
01-02-2006, 07:18 PM
We love the truck, and will most likely keep it as the plow truck once it is replaced. We went to the Dodge dealer when my dad was looking at the new rams ( but cant get over the ugly styling) and asked what they would give him as a trade it... At the time i think it had 350,000km and they would give him $1500 for it. The motor is just getting tired, but the tranny had been replaced at 20,000km and is starting to act up in the winter. And the body is decent, as you can tell the usual rust but nothing major.

The other option was to drop a Hemi in, but its company truck so when the time comes he will buy it off the company for $1000 and keep it lol.

thanks
-Matt

jeremy
01-02-2006, 08:03 PM
how do you find the BFG a/t tires ? are they any good in the mud ?

e24_635csi
01-02-2006, 08:37 PM
My dad has gone with the T/As for a while and doesnt seem to have any complaints. I know he likes them much better than the Goodyears that came with the truck. We really dont get into much deep mud, but in the snow and the little off roading that is done they seem to take it very well.

Im not sure what the stock size for the truck was i think 265 or 275s, but hes moved up to 295's the last set and these he decided to go even larger to the 305's, but now we have some rubbing issues on sharp turns. Another dodge owner he knows has 315's and i could just image what sort of trouble he would get into trying to manouver tightly.. not that it is easy to begin with.

Is that your Dodge in your Sig? Hemi Powered? must be nice if it is. the little 318 is a dog.

jeremy
01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
ya.. it's an '05 1500 4x4 hemi ram q/c laramie with all the toys/options....

i ask about the tires because i am either going to put on some 325x60x20 BFG a/t's or some 35x12.5x20 nitto mud grapplers.. i want something that will be good all year round and be good for off roading....the nitto's supposedly hold up really well all around, they're just alittle noisy... where as i have heard that the bfg a/t's don't clear mud too well...

anyways, nice truck... just freshen up the paint and rebuild the motor when she goes.. *th-up*