PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Parting out my car

Justin e36
01-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Thinking about buying something newer, and doubt I'll get my money's worth back from my e36... would like to gauge interest on a few of the aftermarket parts, if there is not much interest, I'll probably ship the car as is to the west coast (calgary, sask, or BC) and sell it there with all aftermarket upgrades included.

And yes, I know people want stock items (fogs, undertray, wheel liners, door interiors, etc.)... I'm not worried about selling that right now. Just feeling out a few of the aftermarket items first. The rest of the car pieces I can sell easily once the car is stripped.

Please don't ask about custom ICE items, as I will likely move that over to the new car.

All body parts are painted Porsche midnight blue, and fitted for a sedan.

* NOTE: Prices are subject to change. This post is only a feeler, these items are not yet for sale.

- OEM M3 Bodykit. Front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts. (includes M3 lip, rear diffuser, oem grille, brake ducts. Front + rear bumpers have been drilled out for parking sensors, can fill in if you need, or you can keep 'dead' sensors in there.), Comes with all mounting hardware, and mouldings. - $1200

- Blacked out headliner for sedan w/ sunroof. Includes holy _hit bars, black sun visors, sunroof surround, A, C pillars. Driver's side pillars have a few broken clips, still fits flush. - $80

- M3 Black interior lighting. Includes courtesy lights, C pillar (rear) lights with reading lamps, and sun visor lights. All in black. - $55

- Black trunk lid liner (carpet, not plastic), and blacked out toolkit with all tools. - $40

- OEM M3 moulding, painted with front fenders cut out for turn signals. - $190

- Front fenders with e46 m3 grills (M3 badge removed, and grills painted matte black). Includes holes in the fenders for turn signals. - $200 pair

- OEM ZKW Euro Ellipsoids with custom angel eyes. - $350

- Front grills painted matte black, one broken clip that has been plastic welded back on. (not noticable unless removed.) - $30

- OEM e46 m3 trunk lip, painted. - $80

- OEM M3 struts/shocks + Eibach Pro springs - $350 set.

- OEM M3 front + rear sway-bars, includes brand new bushings. - $200

- Crystal red/white tail lights. No burns, no leaks, no scratches. Works perfect. Includes silver turn signal bulbs (lights up amber) - $170

- One touch open sunroof conversion. (includes motor, harness, switch). - $80

- OEM m5 Powered/Heated/Folding (tilt) side mirrors. Includes blue tinted 2-stage glass. (the glass is split into 2 pieces for wide angle viewing). Bases have been modified to fit e36 sedan perfectly. I will include the home made switch & wiring and wiring to make the mirrors fold up as well. - $450

- Lighted (red) start-engine button, perfect replacement for cigarette lighter, already wired up for your e36, just connect 4 wires. (2 to ignition harness, 2 for the light) and you're ready to go. Light matches stock interior nicely. - $40

- Adjustable Clutch stop - $15

- *NEW* ACS engraved pedals + dead pedal. (brushed aluminum), never installed. - $150

- Automatic-locking glovebox. Glovebox locks when your car doors double-lock. Useful if you have an ignition kill switch hidden in there, keep valuables in there, or your deck's face plate. Also useful if you keep your car alarm behind your glovebox.. if your vehicle is stolen, it won't be easy for them to cut the alarm if they can't remove the glovebox. This is black, includes glovebox flashlight. For vehicles without airbags. Note that your ignition key will not longer be able to unlock the glovebox, but I can provide instructions on mounting a hidden lock/unlock button elsewhere. - $200

- electro-shock driver's door. Handle has been (stealth) modified with two conductor tabs under the handle, will provide 12V surge pulses when the alarm in on. Window has 20% graphite tint. New regulator and regulator bushings as well. Will include custom relay and wiring instructions to any alarm. - $250 with guts, no panel.

- Lighted cup holders. Canadian cup holders, with elbow rest. (not arm rest). Under the elbow rest cover is a pocket that has been modified, lights up red so you can see your belongings at night. Bulb can be removed if you prefer the stock look. Change also has a stock relocate for your ash tray bulb. Works with or without armrests. Includes cup ring. Black. - $110

- Lighted sunglass pocket. Matches OEM interior, provides a red ambient light within the sunglass pocket so you can see your belongings at night. Just wire the bulb, and you're ready to go. - $20

- Rear deck e36 baffle speakers. A nice upgrade for early e36's who have the black plastic sealed enclosures. Taken from a 98 e36 droptop with premium package. - $35 pair. (includes tweets)

- Brembo red powder coated brake calipers. (stock e36, front + rear) - $70 for all 4.

- Velocity Splitters for M3 bumper, light scrapes on bottom. Has been cracked + reinforced when I bought it, not noticable when installed. - $110

.. that's all I can think of right now. Let me know what you guys are interested in so I can figure out what my options are...

J

MV325IS
01-01-2006, 10:32 AM
dibs on:

-OEM ZKW Euro Ellipsoids with custom angel eyes. - $350
-OEM M3 front + rear sway-bars, includes brand new bushings. - $200
-ACS engraved pedals + dead pedal. (brushed aluminum), never installed. - $150
-OEM ZKW Euro Ellipsoids with custom angel eyes. - $350
-M3 Black interior lighting. Includes courtesy lights, C pillar (rear) lights with reading lamps, and sun visor lights. All in black. - $55
-Front grills painted matte black, one broken clip that has been plastic welded back on. (not noticable unless removed.) - $30
-Lighted cup holders. Canadian cup holders, with elbow rest. (not arm rest). Under the elbow rest cover is a pocket that has been modified, lights up red so you can see your belongings at night. Bulb can be removed if you prefer the stock look. Change also has a stock relocate for your ash tray bulb. Works with or without armrests. Includes cup ring. Black. - $110
- Lighted sunglass pocket. Matches OEM interior, provides a red ambient light within the sunglass pocket so you can see your belongings at night. Just wire the bulb, and you're ready to go. - $20
-Brembo red powder coated brake calipers. (stock e36, front + rear) - $70 for all 4

mpower1226
01-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Justin, Will I be able to install the start button other place then cigrette hole? I want to be able to use the cigrette jack so...

ANyway, If yes, I will take the button.

Miguel
01-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Justin... you're selling yourself short on a lot of these items.
That M3 kit would sell for $1500-$2000 any day of the week.

Anyways, at these prices Im guessing you'd sell pretty much everything in no time flat. What new car do you have in mind?

And for those who don't know... Justin = Good Seller.

Justin e36
01-01-2006, 11:11 AM
MV325IS - you're making my life easy. :) if I part the car out, it will be after winter when I can strip the car in my driveway.

mpower - it will fit anywhere, but you'll need to drill a hole for it. if you don't smoke and just use the cigarette as a 12V power source, then I would recommend (if you want to keep things clean looking) to buy a 12V utility jack from Canadian Tire for $15 and relocate that plug elsewhere for your cell phone. That way you don't have this ugly cord sticking out of your console when you want your cell plugged in.

miguel - a lot of the parts were custom modified, not OEM anymore... so I lowered the price a bit to reflect that. But PM me on what you think I should up the prices on. I need to make as much as possible to kill the 'new car' debt.

BMW_7
01-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Are you willing to part any stock parts? particularly interior

yellow_blur
01-01-2006, 03:08 PM
I want the mirrors. pm me when they go for sale

Understated
01-01-2006, 03:54 PM
don't do it justin *sad* what about the M50 turbo? *sad*

Justin e36
01-01-2006, 04:30 PM
^ that'll be for sale too. I think Mitch wants the bored out m50.. and turbocharger is sitting in my basement. It's okay, I'm sure you'll approve of the new car. :)

A.K.A. Blackout
01-01-2006, 04:53 PM
interested in the blacked out headliner, and all the pillars and lights for interior

MV325IS
01-01-2006, 05:29 PM
MV325IS - you're making my life easy. :) if I part the car out, it will be after winter when I can strip the car in my driveway.

I may be able to help find a location indoors for you to strip out the car if your interested...
I would also like to take a look at your turbo and maybe work out a deal with you for that aswell.

propr'one
01-01-2006, 06:54 PM
How much do you want for the car (with mods)

i have friends with too much money

lvan
01-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Decent deals Justin
Btw sorry to hijack the sale , what are you looking into for your next car?

Kal
01-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I'll take the tails and the headlights.
Also, are you going to sell your rims as well?

Justin e36
01-04-2006, 10:31 AM
prop - haven't really thought about it much... I'd probably let it go cheap. $9200 - Certified & E-Tested. With everything, down to the last dashboard bulb, working perfect. That's including most of the mods listed above. I'd remove the custom alarm (some of it is not legal), the satellite tracking to move to the new car, and put some different subs in the back.

ivan - a newer bmw.

kal - not sure about the rims yet, they might be transferrable to the new car.

paul
01-04-2006, 10:44 AM
JUSTIN E36 can u send a pic of ur headlights a.s.a.p to licurlps@hotmail.com .... wanna make a deal quick . thanx

Justin e36
01-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry Paul, my headlights are not for sale yet. However, I think MV325IS might have his for sale, you can try inquiring via PM.

///eP
01-04-2006, 03:48 PM
justin, i gotta take a look at the splitters for my m3 let me know when you got some time so i can swing by. epoffishal@hotmail.com

///eP.

dbworld4k
01-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Interested in the glovebox flashlight. $10, also interested in the push button start. How exactly does it work, what about the key position in the ignition?

But most interested in the M3 front bumper for sure. What colour is it? If you are willing to sell the bumper alone I'll most likley take it.

windsor318is
01-05-2007, 12:59 PM
just my 2 cents justin...you can make more parting your car then selling it for 9g's, the only thing is, it will be more work and your time.
P.S. do you have hid kit to go with the headlights? id want both, even though im like 5th guy in line for them

E30 Girl
01-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I have dibs on:

OEM M3 struts/shocks + Eibach Pro springs - $350 set.

Crystal red/white tail lights. No burns, no leaks, no scratches. Works perfect. Includes silver turn signal bulbs (lights up amber) - $170

Skeezix
01-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Just a hunch but I don't think Justin will be responding. Also, before today, the last post on that thread was 364 days ago, you're about a year late ya'll.

E30 Girl
01-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh for **** sakes we all so dumb...LOL