PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs

northern_bmw
12-31-2005, 12:27 AM
so i'll cut right to the chase....I am lowering my e34 and i was planning on eibach but my parts guy said he can get springs from a company called "B&G"....the give a bigger drop then eibachs....has anyone heard anything about this company or had any experiences?

- Thanks

Gamite
12-31-2005, 02:21 AM
eibach's have a crappy drop. I've heard apex has the lowest drop. never heard of B&G springs.

which E34 is it?

northern_bmw
12-31-2005, 02:22 PM
'92 535i

Bruno
01-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Be carefull what you buy. And mainly think about what kind of ride you want.
It is best to match the springs with the shocks.

Keep in mind that the lower the ride, the more suspension problem and stress the car will have.

Make sure that your whole suspension is in perfect order (thrust arms, control arms, sway bar links). And you also need new shocks, as your old ones won't last long.

A great kit that gives a great ride is the SAch performance kit.

Gamite
01-11-2006, 11:17 AM
535's are unusual. most of the springs available don't give the car a significant drop.

Bruno
01-11-2006, 11:31 AM
How low do you want it??? 1.3" drop is ok when you have 17" or 18" rims. You can always use the lower spring pad to lower the front another 6mm

TheMadChigga
01-11-2006, 03:55 PM
B&G is not bad, its "European", they make a lot of suspension parts for Euro cars.

Intrax also gives pretty good drop.

northern_bmw
01-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your help guys.... I have ordered the B&G springs, with kyb shocks....2inch drop in the front, 1.4inch in the back....should look good

TEUTONICFOOL
01-14-2006, 01:34 PM
OOOMMMGGG!!! kyb shocks for a bimmer? go with bruno's sugestion. PLEASE!!!
www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/Suspensions.htm

myndgone
01-14-2006, 02:39 PM
OOOMMMGGG!!! kyb shocks for a bimmer? go with bruno's sugestion. PLEASE!!!
www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/Suspensions.htm

i agree 100%!!!!

TEUTONICFOOL
01-14-2006, 10:56 PM
nothing against kyb shocks, just not for bimmers. if i am in a tight budget i will go boge turbo gas.

Gamite
01-14-2006, 10:58 PM
My bilstein's bottom out out on me, if I had a second chance, I would try Koni.

Lots of people have koni and like it.

Bruno
01-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks for your help guys.... I have ordered the B&G springs, with kyb shocks....2inch drop in the front, 1.4inch in the back....should look good

This is not going to be a nice car to drive. KYB shocks don't last more than 2 years with regular springs. And lowered 2" at the front... You will be happy if they last 1 year.

KYB are dirty cheap... But they are just not designed for BMW. If you are doing the job yourself and don't mind doing it again, why not, you can play with different setup, but If you are paying someone to do the job, then get the proper shocks for your car else you will pay again in 1 to 2 years.

2" drop is too low for the E34 if you ask me, MAKE SURE that every single suspension element : thrust arms, control arms, and sway bar links are in perfect condition else you are in for a world of noise and vibration in 6 month to a year.

The best is to get rides in other people's car to see what is the best setup for you.

///Maluco
01-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I know someone else in an E12 forum (firstfives) that bought a set of B&G springs for hi E12 and had issues when they arrived.
First, they took a lot longer than they originally quoted, then he received the wrong springs for the front or rear (can't remember which one it was now), on top of that they kept telling him stories as to when he was going to expect the correct version.
I think the outcome, after several months of frustration, he ended up returning the springs and I think he got a refund back.
So, at the end of the day, he was not a happy camper dealing with this company, so be careful.