PDA

View Full Version : changed clutch and car now feels slower

bmnorm
12-28-2005, 06:02 PM
so I got my clutch changed with a saches upgrade clutch kit.
and now my car feels like it has less pick up.
can this be caused by the clutch being installed incorrectly?

also when I make a hard right turn I can hear something hitting at the bottom. I took the car back to the mechanic everything looked fine, but he tightend the muffler.
but after driving the car I noticed it was still making the same sound when I turn right. and when I turn left I don't hear anything.
is there some kind of trick with the muffler.

oh yeah, I put on 15" snow tires. does the lower rim decreace torque/ pick up?

thanks

propr'one
12-28-2005, 08:47 PM
your snow tires are prolly heavier, it could decrese pickup. Are you judging this using teh butt dyno or your rpms climing? your clutch was prolly slipping before, now it isn't so rpms dont climb as quick

bmnorm
12-29-2005, 01:38 AM
^^
I think you are right about both things.

thanks

bmnorm
01-04-2006, 02:36 PM
ok, this is going back up.

my car really feels slow.
my mechanic did not change the Pilot Bearing, he said my old one was fine.
also I don't know if he used the alignment tool. is this tool really needed.

would any of this make my car slower. :(

I have never been in another 328 so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

but it just feels slower.

I trust on my rench, but he doesn't work too much on bmw.

thanks

Hasselhoff
01-04-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't know if he used the alignment tool. is this tool really needed.

It's almost always necessary to use one when replacing your clutch. If you don't, the clutch disc will most likely end up misaligned with the pressure plate and flywheel and will chatter like a sumb*tch everytime you disengage the clutch.

As for what could be causing your lack of power... None of what you mentioned would really make your car slower.

propr'one
01-04-2006, 05:32 PM
my buddy prohilphic was talkin bout this a couple days ago and he brought up a possible scenario. Your mechanic could've ripped off your lightweight flywheel and replaced it with a dual mass.

on another note, i got a stock 328, 5spd but its a 4dr. we can go for a spirited drive if you like, but my clutch is on its way out, so if im keeping up with you something really is wrong