PDA

View Full Version : My muffler... shes drooping

RumRogerz
12-26-2005, 05:39 PM
It happened earlier today
My muffler is sagging down. It's almost near the ground, it has a good 2 inches of clearance, but still it aint' good. I had to drive that thing from Spadina/Queen st. to Mississauga (Winston Chuchill) like that. It doesn't look good, not no way not no how.

My question is how ****ed am i?

Quack
12-26-2005, 05:49 PM
does your exhaust still sound the same? most likely either the exhaust hangers broke off or the rubber hangers broke, if it's just the rubber that's a easy fix, just buy the parts & slapped them on, if the metal hangers broke you will need someone to weld them back on or make custom ones

Justin e36
12-26-2005, 06:00 PM
how f*cked are you?

on a scale from 1 - 10, I'd have to say 1. It either slipped out of its side hangers, it broke, or as Quack said, the rubber hanger broke. Any of which would be a quick 2 minute fix.

AJL
12-26-2005, 11:40 PM
I had to replace mine. Took about 30 mins (one nut wouldn't come out) If you do this in your driveway grab a jack to hold your muffler in place, it will make life easier. I think the dealer will do this for about $100.

propr'one
12-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Im prolly gonna be in the shop all night the next couple days, might be able to sqweeze you in at some point (this is easier done on a lift im sure)

RumRogerz
12-27-2005, 12:56 PM
wow thanks boys
I'm gonna need to find a place close by without damaging the poor thing.
Thanks for all your input!