PDA

View Full Version : Fooling DISA.

jeffrie
12-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Works well when not used (default's to open) with the 3:91 diff.
Nice linear power band and increased H.P. past 3g's without the transition lagg it causes (4-5g's) when used.
Problem is it through's a Cel while disconnected.
Anyone know how to fool the ECU? Or if all I have to do is block the vacume line? Remove the butterfly?

jeffrie
12-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Sickning.... The only tenchical responses I'v had in the past two year other then simple bolt ons were none, other then X-Brace and diff swap (which are bolt ons) and the door stiker. Does anyone at max do their own mods with a E36 that isn't cosmetic?
Ranting....

ScotcH
12-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Sickning.... The only tenchical responses I'v had in the past two year other then simple bolt ons were none, other then X-Brace and diff swap (which are bolt ons) and the door stiker. Does anyone at max do their own mods with a E36 that isn't cosmetic?
Ranting....

Nope ... go to bimmerforums.com in the track forum if you want to some tech discussion.

Justin e36
12-26-2005, 11:52 PM
you might want to wait more than a few hours during the holiday season for response.. as you'll notice in the off topic section, activity today and yesterday have been next to none.

jeffrie
12-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Thank you Justine36. ScotcH I'm posted on BF too but like local support far better.
Have my response from other forms (including BF), seems to be an ECU editing only fix, was hoping being a simple vacume silanoid someone whould know the basics of fooling something so simple without a dyno & a OBDII diagnostic Map editing capability. Or more importantly give me the insight on how ito fool it myself being such a basic system.

propr'one
12-27-2005, 04:52 AM
Unfortunatly the hardcore people on max at 3 am on christmas eve(me) dont have much technical knowledge. I know so little about cars i dont even understand your problem:)

g'luck

bmdbley'sBro
12-27-2005, 02:40 PM
whats "Disa"? what's it do on a m44?
I tried a search on it didn't find much *sad*

thinair
12-27-2005, 03:24 PM
It's a 2 stage intake manifold butterfly system that I believe is on the e36 M42/4 engines. Wait for Autotechnica to respond. If I remember correctly he tried to swap in an M42 intake manifold from an e30 that doesn't have DISA but it wouldn't clear the hood when closed.

bmdbley'sBro
12-28-2005, 04:17 PM
hmm..

don't people that wanted to fool sensors use "diodes" (?) or sum other flux capacitor type unit to
create a Circuit, what the ecu wants to see?

I guess you need to find out what volts or whatever the ecu wants to see from this unit.
then find something (diode?) at a electronics shop that will mimic it.?

option B rip out cluster remove CEL light *drink* :D

Nascar318is
12-31-2005, 04:25 PM
hmm..

don't people that wanted to fool sensors use "diodes" (?) or sum other flux capacitor

That's only in Delorion's Not Bmw's :moon: have a great new year guys