PDA

View Full Version : e36 winter bath!

BennyL
12-23-2005, 12:19 AM
here's a pic of my e36 convert enjoying a bath to remove winter salt! yay.

so there's a 24 hr coin-op self car wash at bathurst & wilson... its just south of wilson on the east side of bathurst.

if your good with the timing, you can get a great wash for $2

every toonie gives you 2 minutes. the trick is to use the foam brush while its still foamy from the previous washer to gives your rims a nice little cleaning. then, use the power washer on low pressure to rinse down your car. usually, at this place, the low pressure works even if theres no money in and its not running.

then, two minutes gives you just enough time to high-power soap the car down, then high-power rinse it.

a dry-down really isn't necessary in the winter anyways. i just keep a roll of paper towel handy, and clean my windows and mirrors real nice, cuz i love clean windows and mirrors.

the $2 winter wash is so satisfying, and its so good to get all the damn salt off your car!

so, has anyone on here been to this place... and do you guys have any other good places? any good techniques?

Justin e36
12-23-2005, 12:43 AM
1. water remains running to prevent their lines from freezing. the tube that it goes into recycles this water.

2. nice car

3. keep a squeegee instead of paper towels, will work much better.

4. in rexdale the power wash at Hwy 27 / Albion gives 4 minutes for $2.50. Also has the foaming brush, spot-free rinse, liquid wax, etc. etc... :)

Make sure to dry your brakes properly before going on the road...

J

Understated
12-23-2005, 01:13 AM
4. in rexdale the power wash at Hwy 27 / Albion gives 4 minutes for $2.50. Also has the foaming brush, spot-free rinse, liquid wax, etc. etc... :)

J

have u ever been there in the summer?...i went once this summer with the civic and there was a friggiin LONG line up...i ended up pulling a U and just washing it on my driveway:D

Justin e36
12-23-2005, 01:31 AM
have u ever been there in the summer?...i went once this summer with the civic and there was a friggiin LONG line up...i ended up pulling a U and just washing it on my driveway:D

yeah, all the time. i'm the asshole that passed by all of you waiting in line and stole the next position into the engine bay! *th-up*

I've been to many hand washes and that one is still my favorite.. just wish they'd re-pave the goddamn place, and fix their change dispenser.

when I need to fix something on the car at night, that's where I go... obviously clean working conditions, and well lit. :)

mpower1226
12-23-2005, 04:27 AM
even if the car gets dirty after, its still very good idea to dry the car completely then leaving it to air dry. Wet body parts Will accumulate more dirts and salts on the road. So Dry them even if it means to freeze your ass and hands. *th-up*

Also try not to wash the car under subzero condition, locks and all that shit(windows) could freeze and if you try to force it to open, you could break its mechanism

Storamin
12-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Try to wash the underbody as much as you can.

BMW_7
12-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Why do you use the brush to wash the car? Youre gonna get all the scratches not to mention the dirt and rocks stuck in the brush from the previous person. I keep a spare mitt in the car and wash the car with the soap spray and then rinse the car.

I used the foam brush to brush the underbody of the car

Theres a coin op at Queensway and Cawtrha that I go to, 5 mins from my place and never lined up! But its $3.....

///MP
12-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Theres a coin op at Queensway and Cawtrha that I go to, 5 mins from my place and never lined up! But its $3.....

Try the one on Lakeshore between Dixie and Brown's Line. $2 for 4 minutes (or is it 3 minutes?...I seem to remember 4 tho...) Plus it's got a timer display so you know how much time you have left.

MP

propr'one
12-23-2005, 04:28 PM
dundas between jane N bloor, great place, heated floors n whatnot

BMW_7
12-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Try the one on Lakeshore between Dixie and Brown's Line. $2 for 4 minutes (or is it 3 minutes?...I seem to remember 4 tho...) Plus it's got a timer display so you know how much time you have left.

MP

Oh thanks, yeah same with the one that I use, I think at Sunoco its 3 minutes

BennyL
12-23-2005, 09:08 PM
yo, Justin, this place also has the spot free rinse, liquid wax, and foam brush and whatnot.

how do i dry m brakes after a car wash?

and how do you clean the underbody of the car, without getting down on your knees and getting really dirty in the process?

Justin e36
12-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Why do you use the brush to wash the car? Youre gonna get all the scratches not to mention the dirt and rocks stuck in the brush from the previous person. I keep a spare mitt in the car and wash the car with the soap spray and then rinse the car.

I think he was talking about using a foam brush to loosen up the brake dust on his winter rims. Not for the body of the car.

how do i dry m brakes after a car wash?

and how do you clean the underbody of the car, without getting down on your knees and getting really dirty in the process?

Simple. Slam on them a few times. (safely of course, use caution) To dry them off. Pressing the pedal (hard) repeatedly a few times is always a good idea to help re-seat the pads too.

I just crouch down and spray the underbody. Dunno what the rest of you guys do?.. Anyone bring out the crawler and roll under the car? :o

BMW_7
12-23-2005, 09:49 PM
I just wore bad pants lol

Understated
12-23-2005, 10:28 PM
aahahah the benefits of owning an SUV bishes....just bend down and spray...and hope some homo isn't checking out ur rear end :confused:

mpower1226
12-24-2005, 04:23 AM
I dont know about you guys but the one I use have flexible sprayer so I could just flex and put it under the car and spray it.

mech9T8
12-24-2005, 02:14 PM
I just washed mine today because it's so warm outside.
I put $2 in and give it a good rinse. They I bring out my bucket, soap and mit and lather it up. Another $2 for the final rinse and wax.
I would NEVER use that foam brush...who knows how much crud is in there.

Jari
12-24-2005, 09:20 PM
my process:
-use water running from hose to wet tires and rims before inserting $2.00
Spray tire and rim cleaner.
-Insert two bucks and rinse car on high pressure paying special attention to tires and rims + wheel wells.
- With good timing, you can switch to foam brush and foam the car. ( I never use the brush to clean my car. Only to drip foam everywhere)
-Grab Simoniz wash glove and wash car.
- Insert two bucks, rinse car on high pressure. Switch to wax mode and go around once more with final spray on windshield. ( I find the wax helps repel water for many days on the windshield)

If there is no line up grab my chamois and do a quick wipe down.