PDA

View Full Version : Remote Car starter,

zzzreyes
12-19-2005, 05:43 PM
I am thinking that this year I am going to treat myself to one of this must have devices... I mean must have, since in freaking SUDBURY it is usually -5 to -10 colder than in TO, so it is a real convinience not having tu run outside in your underwear to warm up your car after the shower for it to be cozy by the time you get dressed!

Has anyone install one on their car?

what options are out there? and at what cost?

is it just the stealer that can do it?
PS: sorry.. .the thread below is completely misleading.... (for those that didnt see it, no worries)

TEUTONICFOOL
12-19-2005, 05:55 PM
IMO, I will never install a remote starter in my bimmer (especially e39) because there r so many micro processors in the electrical system that a wrongly cut wire might screw up the whole thing. Unless the person who install the system will take full responsibility (ie big $$$$ repair bill). just my 2 cent worth.

zzzreyes
12-19-2005, 05:58 PM
it would be so nice.... this morning was -22 out there... and I felt that my family treasure was going to fall off!

Man, I should just have some kids and wait a couple of years till they can be trained to do that... or I can try training the GF... hmm...

ON SECOND THOUGHT.... I will keep looking.. hopefully someone can shed some light... I have looked at:
http://www.thehoffmangroup.com:16080/Stellar/

this guys have a plug and play solution... but at 1000 us... I rather keep freezing my nutz!

propr'one
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM
go to crappy tire, they have starters for like 70 bucks.

(100 if you got a stick)

Gamite
12-21-2005, 11:32 AM
-22??? holy shat, and I'm complaining about -10 weather

Mimo
12-21-2005, 11:44 AM
the instalation cost more then the unit i was gonna get 1 for my dad a couple years ago from crappy tire when i fould out the instalation cost more then the starter i just said forget it the starter was like $100 they wanted $220 for instalation something stupid like that!!!!