PDA

View Full Version : question about lowering

moto-menace
12-14-2005, 08:10 PM
i noticed when i lowered my 325i that the passanger side sat alittle bit lower than the driver side...like the wheels were alittle farther up inside the fenders on that side...more noticable in the rear...and now ive got my second e36 and its already lowered and its the same way...its not a HUGE diference but definately a difference, maybe about a cm or so..., and now that ive noticed a consistancy on both cars i figure there must be some explanation...a friend suggested that maybe the gas tank is more to that side as thats the side the gas cap is on but i pretty much desmissed that possibility because i know how much engineering goes into these cars and how well balanced they are so for it 2 weigh substantially more on one side when the tank is full is kind of ubsurd...the only logical explanation i can think of (which also may be rediculous) is that maybe due to the torque of the driveshaft maybe its 2 counter balance it so when it drives it evens out...i duno.. has anyone else noticed this on lowered cars? and can anyone give me the actual reason it is the way it is? thanx guys.

Justin e36
12-14-2005, 08:47 PM
all bimmers are like that, nothing to worry about. rear passenger side is always a bit lower than the driver's side.

moto-menace
12-15-2005, 02:23 AM
k cool, i figured it was normal after noticing it on both ive owned, i checked out a couple other ones and noticed it too...thanx 4 the reassurance...i just wonder why its like that...think my torque theory may be right?..considering i dont even know which direction the driveshaft would be rotating its just a shot in the dark,and the only possible reason i can think of..

BMetal
12-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Compensate for the wight of the driver on other side?