PDA

View Full Version : where to get clear bumper covers?

Furious
12-14-2005, 01:21 AM
trying to track down a place that has the 3M clear bumper and hood covers, im planning to get the car painted this spring and i wanna protect the paint from rocks this time around...

any leads will help thanks peeps

propr'one
12-14-2005, 01:32 AM
are you reffering to stoneguard?

btw how much does a decent paintjob cost?

Justin e36
12-14-2005, 01:36 AM
cheaper to buy from www.stongard.com and have a shop put it on. Pre-cut/laser cut seems to be easiest from my experience. If you have custom work done then they'll have to apply the film then shave the edges by hand, the problem is with any curves they have to make line incisions to it won't bubble and those lines fill up with dirt after a while and show up on darker colored vehicles.

Understated
12-14-2005, 01:36 AM
SHOOT it's too bad uc an't search 3M on the forum since it's two letters :( but i'm pretty sure some1 has hookups to getting it done cheaper than normal price...my dad's ride had it done at the dealer but they just call some other company in to do it for them.....

maybe try searching 'rock guard or protective film or something' i'm sure the thread will come up i think it was thornhill tints or something like that maybe?

Paul540/m3
12-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Lazer Tint in Woodbridge does it

905-850-6655

Furious
12-14-2005, 02:15 PM
thanks guys, yea stone gaurd is the word i was looking for. thanks justin, i need a just the front bumper and headlights, the mirrors im not worried about and the hood is CF so i dunno if i should or not

propane the paint job im not sure yet. im going to donvalley VW auto, they do collisions and repairs for downtown bmw and for Donvalley VW, i looked at other places and since they did good work for me last time im gonna go back to them , prices should be ok because i also have 1200 towards it from my insurance (got in a non-fault accident in fall, so i dont pay a cent to that part of the repai) i figure they dont have to paint the hood and trunk, and the 1200 covers the dent and 1 back quarterpanel and rear bumper , i shouldnt be looking at too much for a paint job.

uber e36
12-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Mark,

Don Valley VW does good work - they fixed my golf up a few years back. If you want to check out my paint job (sparkling graphite done this spring) then let me know... Marigold Ford in Whitby did it. I'm really satisfied and it was a good price.

-Geoff

Furious
12-17-2005, 04:13 AM
awesome geoff, ill let ya know, yeah don valley did my rear bumper and it was pretty well done, we will see once spring rolls around.