PDA

View Full Version : best fog lights?

moto-menace
12-09-2005, 11:37 PM
hi guys, me again, got another question...im wondering what the superior fog lights are for an e36...functionality over fashion...so, are these yellow "french" fog lights i see advertised actually perform the best?, or is that bullshit..can i get HID fog lights ? and would the be the best? i just wanna get the highest quality fog light setup on my car(a blue tinge would look great especially 2 match the headlights ill be getting in the future but if the yellow ones really do out perform everything else in the fog light department than im sold...i know you guys can point me in the right direction...again....thanx again, hope nobodys getting annoyed with all my questions cuz i have alot more yet haha..

bmdbley'sBro
12-10-2005, 02:40 PM
yellows cut through fog better, i think :confused:

try searchin umnitza.com..

hella, piaa, bosch all good names. *th-up*

325isRED
12-11-2005, 01:54 PM
just dont buy Depo fogs, my passanger side fog cracked 2 months after install...

going to buy the zkw fogs from umnitza.com after christmas

spooner_dee
12-11-2005, 03:00 PM
if you want best light output for fog driving, yellow is better. But if you want just bright lights with the color then id suggest either PIAA or HID if you have the money. The standard e36 fog light housing is pretty good, Pretty much puts the light where you need it, but isnt that strong in my opinion. I bought the projector foglight setup for my car, and while i still dont have them aimed right, they do put out amazing like. Better brighter and farther as well as right infront of you where you need it most.

With blue lights though you will lose out in the fog with visibility as well as in the rain. Something like water doesnt refract blue light, meaning its pretty much absorbed. I can speak from personal experience. My eclipse had super white headlights and PIAA Fogs, the fogs were blue too, but i lucked out in the sense that they were SUPER bright so that helped make up the difference. But headlights alone, in the rain i couldnt see sh*t

KaschmirBeige3
12-11-2005, 07:55 PM
ZKW housings with 3000K HID running will give you the best light output and visibility.

moto-menace
12-12-2005, 01:55 AM
k cool, thanx everybody, im leaning towards the yellows, but gonna do alittle more hmwk on those 3000k HID's in comparison b4 making the final decision..thanx again