PDA

View Full Version : I.C.E.

JJ.
01-20-2002, 02:27 PM
Hey I have quite a bit of ice in my car and im worried if my battery can take it and for how long. I have 1200watt stereo+a sony deck+3Tvs+a PS2+2 neon lights+ led scanners. WIll my baterry last with these things?

djc0ntra
01-20-2002, 02:36 PM
ice IN your car????

well i know in colder weather my battery sometimes gives me a little trouble (an extra couple of turns to start the engine)

if yours is starting to get symptoms like that, get a better battery...it'll be a lifesaver on those really cold days.

you could also get a battery blanket to keep the battery warm.

the other option is to install a second battery. I know some stereo guys who do that in their hondas

Bliss
01-20-2002, 02:38 PM
Damn! that sounds like a nice system you got going. Before i start talking and suggesting on ice, that isnt exactly my best topic since im looking into them right now for the first time for my car, but what i understand there are capacitors or capacitators or something like that, that hold a charge if your car isnt running so the battery wont go dead on you. Also i know of alot of people that just put a second battery, but alot of poeple wont want to do that, well i know i wouldnt. My car weighs enough already.:PBTW show us some pics of your system.

vodomagoo
01-21-2002, 02:25 AM
optima yellow tops are deep cycle batt and are realy good if you have a good system. Also if your very veyr concerned get a new altinator. I just got my digi top strike lightning audio cap in and its very nice.

thinair
01-21-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by djc0ntra
ice IN your car????

well i know in colder weather my battery sometimes gives me a little trouble (an extra couple of turns to start the engine)

if yours is starting to get symptoms like that, get a better battery...it'll be a lifesaver on those really cold days.

you could also get a battery blanket to keep the battery warm.

lol

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but....

ICE - In Car Entertainment

vodomagoo
01-21-2002, 05:07 PM
finaly got my new amp now i gotta go uncover the car tommrow and start cutting*uzi*

djcontra
01-21-2002, 11:47 PM
>lol
>
>not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but....
>
>ICE - In Car Entertainment
>

hah
naw sorry
ignore my ignorance
i dont know anything about car stereos
just how to hook them up
i didn't know there was a system called ICE or a term called ICE whatever =)

my response DID sound pretty sarcastic now that i know =)

ThE bRoWn GuY
01-22-2002, 01:23 AM
As some have mentioned... get a CAP 1ohm should me sufficient. I also have a 1000watt system but have not encountered a problem yet... other than my headlights dimming :)

Get a CAP!!

later

djc0ntra
01-22-2002, 03:12 AM
On the topic of stereos in bimmers
i've got everything i need to build a nice system

two pioneer 600watt 15" subs
and an 800watt amp
with a nice capacitor

only problem is i dont know how to build a cabinet for the car
i just build cabinets for my studio in my basement which has 8 15" subs heheh

is 2 15's too much for the car? should i just stick to one?

where can i get a cabinet made for my car? how much will it cost?

thanks

EMPOWERD
01-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Definately get a cap! That'll help tons. They are rated in Farrads, 1million being one of the biggest.

Words of wisdom... be very careful when installing and charging it, I've heard stories of the back half of cars blowing up because of caps shorting out. They are like small bombs. Think of it as a MONSTER cherry bomb. Use the resistor supplied to charge it up.

ThE bRoWn GuY
01-22-2002, 12:22 PM
Sorry about that!! I meant farads but said ohms :( You can build a box by yourself with no problems or can probably pick one up from Future Shop.. like $120. Two 15's is not too much, but since you are a dj and have your own in home studio.. i'm guessing sound is important in clarity as well as bass (well it is to me). 15's will hit loud and deep but are not as precise as i would like... just think of a large fart!

later

ps.. know anyone that wants a mds 2000 sampler?

jinushaun
01-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by thinair
ICE - In Car Entertainment
Dude, thanks. *th-up*

For the longest time, I didn't know what ICE meant. I was too lazy to look through past threads or create a new thread and ask.

JJ.
01-24-2002, 08:06 PM
One of my headlights just blew. So I changed the bulb and it still doesnt work. IS this because of all power being taken from the bat? What could I have blown?