PDA

View Full Version : Dont Have Wheel Locks

Zim Zimma
11-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Trying to put on winter rims/tires...Bought car approx 3 months ago.. and we do not have the wheel locks and the likelyness of finding them are slim..What options are there cause i really need these on. Mechanic said he can attempt to remove them by destroying them but fears damaging the rims. THere must be some sort of way to get them off?

Any car thieves please help out...

Thank you.

T.Dot_E30
11-30-2005, 04:57 PM
My shop usually does it for 1 hours labour.

Unless its those type of wheels where the lugs go very far in, we can remove em with no damage garenteed.

But i'd have to see the rim first to say if we can get them off without damaging it.

Justin e36
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
very easy to remove in 10-15 mins. You can drill two holes into them to remove them, or knock them loose. If they are inset in your rims, there's a chance of damaging them.

T-Dot's shop can do it, so you might as well take it there.

E36er
11-30-2005, 09:09 PM
i took mine to Kal-tire when i had that problem..,..they did damage the rim(not that there not damaged already) but that was the "only" way they said, but Justins Idea sounds alright if u got some time

Zim Zimma
11-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Well I went to pick my car up...and low and behold he destroyed the locks and put on the winters....thanks alot guys for suggestion

so glad everything worked out

thanks again.

euro*
11-30-2005, 11:46 PM
are these oem wheel locks.

propr'one
12-01-2005, 12:08 AM
I can vouch for t.dot's shop, they did a safety on my car there, they found just about every imagineable problem with my car (back then it was more than the sunroof:D)

T.Dot_E30
12-01-2005, 12:30 AM
I can vouch for t.dot's shop, they did a safety on my car there, they found just about every imagineable problem with my car (back then it was more than the sunroof:D)

ur lucky i wasn't there.....you probably wouldn't have bought the car. :D

windsor318is
12-01-2005, 12:34 AM
this is why i dont use locks anymore, it only take 1 mechanic to torque them down and youll never get them off even with the key. it takes about 5 minutes to get them off, all you need to do is pound on a 16 point socket on with a hammer. then crank them off.

bmdbley'sBro
12-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Sears or Canadain tire has a "easy out" sockets.

thats what deals4wheels used on my jetta to get the locks off my 16" BBS RX's
they were in there deep.

dude tapped on the easy off's with a mallet & then used a ratchet.
Wish i had thought of that, cause the $45 would've bought me a set *sad*