PDA

View Full Version : I GOT EM!!! LOOKY, What do u think?

E36ForL!fe
11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
I was thinking about gettin lowering springs, and decided after reading some of the threads to just do it all at once, so i bought these Bilstein Sport Shocks off ebay. Tell me what u think about the price, if i got a good deal, or if they were overpriced. Im goin to order the H&R race springs soon so i can do the total install over christams break. Heres the link, no pics, but they are new in the box soooo, and they guy has 99.7% postive feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8018052294&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSAA%3AUS%3A31

propr'one
11-29-2005, 09:12 PM
i know nothing about prices for lowering springs, but i just got a clutch kit for 194 US for my 328. sachs oem. im happy:)

BMW_7
11-29-2005, 09:22 PM
I paid like $920 CAD for my shocks

mpower1226
11-30-2005, 05:05 AM
personally I would go with FK full adjustable coilovers. but GOOD choice nontheless with lifetime warrenty!

Justin e36
11-30-2005, 11:04 AM
looks good.
let us know the price after conversion, shipping, and customs.

edit: nevermind.. no customs or conversion for you, you're in the U.S. already. :)

uber e36
11-30-2005, 02:51 PM
I've got that adding to ~$705 with conversion and 15% tax on the product. Is that how you calculate when buying from US? That's a good price, as the cheapest I've found is $750CDN + tax

E36ForL!fe
11-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Haha yea justin...think im like the only guy on this whole forum that lives in the U.S. Ive never been to canada but i hear its cool and i hope to go someday. *drink*

MV325IS
11-30-2005, 08:55 PM
E36ForLife: Please make sure you let us know what you think of these...i was thinking of ordering the same ones from ebay and im curious to see what you think of them before i order as well
Thanks

uber e36
12-01-2005, 11:09 AM
MV325IS - I'm looking at these too... How can we calculate total cost shipped into Canada? If it's good, let's see if we can order together and have them shipped together and split the cost...

p.s. thanks for the short shifter!

Justin e36
12-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Haha yea justin...think im like the only guy on this whole forum that lives in the U.S. Ive never been to canada but i hear its cool and i hope to go someday. *drink*

There are more U.S. members on the forum.. but it is mainly Canadian. All are welcome though, helps keep things diverse. :) ... If you come up to Canada, try to make it to one of the meets. I'll be in Tenessee in a few weeks myself. :D

btw... price looks good. what're you going to do with your old sport shocks?

MV325IS
12-01-2005, 04:46 PM
geoff@bmw

If one of us were to order from the seller and grab both kits at the same time then we could save some bucks...if he is willing to mark down on the customs paper work that these were a repair we would save taxes, shipping and brokerage fees. If not we would have to pay the taxes and brokerage fees at the time of delivery once they arrive here. I will email the seller and ask him and get back to you with is response

Your welcome on the shifter :)

MV325IS
12-01-2005, 05:11 PM
geoff@bmw:
Here is the sellers responce...keep in mind that the kit i want includes springs as well as the shocks...this one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8017138584&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

From seller:
THIS IS A VERY HEAVY KIT. SHIPPING IS
$79 PER KIT. HOWEVER, WE WILL ONLY
CHARGE YOU $69 PER KIT. IT WOULD BE
WARRANTY REPLACEMENT.

So we should get away with not having to pay the Canadian taxes...but i dont know about the brokerage fees.
your shipping charges would be a bit lower as your kit is just the shocks right?

spooner_dee
12-03-2005, 10:45 AM

nope there are 2 of us dumb lazy americans on here.

sweet setup how does it ride?

E36ForL!fe
12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
sry guys, ive been busy lately and havent had time to read this thread. I just got the shocks shipped to my house today. Justin, dno what ill do with my old sport shocks, probly sell them to anyone who wants to buy them, anyone interested??????. And spooner dee, i havent gotten the springs yet, bout to order them, but need a little more cash before i do, and btw nice sig, but i still get laid lol.Ill let all of you guys know how it rides after i order the h&r sport springs. But yea, sry for the delayed response. And yes americans are dumb, lazy, and obese lol. Luckily i dont fall into the category of the "average american".