PDA

View Full Version : Looked at a new car.

M3Pilot
01-20-2002, 11:58 AM
I went to look at a newer E30 M3 than mine today. It was a late 91, 59K miles and I was told it was mint condition.
So i had a bout a 150 mile round trip.
So I get there had a look over the car which was all nice an shiney. But It had 15" black centred BBS wheels on a 91 car I don't think so. It should have BBS 16"!!!!!!
There was a crease in the bonnet, and a crease in the bottom of one of the
A pillars by the windscreen where the bonnet and the wing meet.
The only thing it had that mine didn't was cruise control,this car had no where near the spec of my car.
If I changed my car for this one I would be down grading and even the dealler agreed with me.
Yes it has lower mile, but my car was so much better even if it has more miles and the paint wasn't as shiney. I am defintley thinking twice about getting rid of my car now after see what he had to offer.
That had a Hartage M3 car that wasn't very nice either, tyres were too big 50 series and they looked HUGE on there. Tiny DTM type mirror that would have been totally usless.
The best looking one was a 1987 black one that someone was using as a track car, full cage and stuff.
There was a few other cars there. A Z1 don't know if you guys have every seen one of those. A few E36's and E36 M3's, M Roadster, e30 M3 cabriolet.
But it was a bit ofa wasted trip, but I got him on the look out for an Evo 3 but he said there very hard to get hold of as most have bee raced and are in a right state.
At least the car got a good clear out, cruising at a ton( 160 kmh) with the S14 and Supersprint playing some sweet tunes

M3Pilot
01-20-2002, 12:31 PM
They are sooo expensive though, it's ridiculous!!!!!!!!

M3Pilot
01-20-2002, 12:49 PM
What I payed for my 89 car I could have just about got a 1986 at Munich Ledgeds !!!!!
You pay for the name, but they do have some nice cars.
Yes I have been I live about an 1 1/4 hours away from them.
So I guess thats just down the road to u guys in big ass Canada :P

M3Pilot
01-20-2002, 02:49 PM
Yes we don't get the restrictions that they get in the US, I'm guessing that Canada is the same. but we pay for it in the long run.
Everything is so expensive over here!!!!

Bliss
01-20-2002, 07:37 PM
M3pilot, i would NEVER trade your car in, esp for anothe E30. Yours looks beautiful man! its spotless. I would keep it.*th-up*

M3West
01-21-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by M3Pilot
Yes we don't get the restrictions that they get in the US, I'm guessing that Canada is the same. but we pay for it in the long run.
Everything is so expensive over here!!!!

M3Pilot, How much do you pay for gasoline over there?

M3Pilot
01-21-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by M3West

M3Pilot, How much do you pay for gasoline over there?
It always come down to the fuel prices :D :D :D well I guess you guys are all metric in Canada aren't you,so i will be nice and convert into candadian $ per litre for ya.

So I pay $1.71 for a litre of 99 oct Shell Optimax that I run my car on. The lowest we get is 95 oct over here.
I guess you guys pay about $.30

That it Canadian dollars by the way not US.

M3West
01-21-2002, 10:31 PM
I live in California, U.S.A., where gasoline prices have dropped dramatically recently. I can purchase 92 octane fuel for $1.39 (US) for a gallon of gasoline. I think that we are fortunate to have reasonable fuel costs here.

M3Pilot
01-22-2002, 03:55 PM
I pay about $5.50 (US) a gallon, think yourselfs lucky guys out there with your cheap fuel prices :)

M3West
01-25-2002, 11:54 PM
Keep us posted if you're considering upgrading. I hope it will be for another E-30 M3, maybe an EVO, or something along those lines. Your car looks pretty nice. I think the E-30 bodystyle is really sharp. Not that I wouldn't pick up an E-36 or newer M3 if a smokin' deal came along, I just prefer the E-30.:)

vodomagoo
01-26-2002, 11:44 AM
i just payed 1.01 a gallon for 94 octane, wish we had 99 octane here

M3West
01-26-2002, 05:44 PM
$1.01 a gallon?!! For 94 octane?!! What a deal! That would mean well under a dollar a gallon for 87 octane (what most people use)!

M3Pilot
01-26-2002, 05:59 PM
It would be for another E30 M3, I love these cars!!!!!
But I have put some much money into mine I'll probably end up keeping it unless some thing special comes up.

M3West
01-26-2002, 06:13 PM
We certainly have something in common. The E-30's are the best. BTW, what size/type wheels & tyres and what kind of exhaust is that poking out under your rear valance?

M3Pilot
01-26-2002, 07:24 PM
I've got the late spec 7.5j x 16" BBS wheels running Bridgestone SO-3's.
The Exhaust is a Supersprint. I can't recommed these tyres or exhaust enough. They are the best :)

dragnflysandler
01-27-2002, 08:31 AM
Yah, i just payed $1.24 for 95 oct here in Indiana.

I guess we should be appreciative.

Hey M3 Pilot. Are there any cool 2002's over there in the far region?

-sandler

M3Pilot
01-27-2002, 01:42 PM
I was looking at one the other day. The guy who used to service my car has one and turning it into a race car.
There are a few racers as well, and some one has just restored a 2002 Turbo, It a lovely car and in perfect condition. It was in PBMW a while back

dragnflysandler
01-27-2002, 02:52 PM
I highly doubt i will ever be blessed with seeing a real turbo. In real life i mean. I have seen pics.

Yet another perk of living in the uk.

-sandler

M3West
01-27-2002, 09:54 PM
The Exhaust is a Supersprint. I can't recommed these tyres or exhaust enough. They are the best :)

Is the Supersprint all stainless? I have seen some exhaust systems where only the muffler is stainless.

M3West
02-04-2002, 11:18 PM

M3 Pilot, I noticed in the pictures of your car when recently damaged that you have Goodyear tyres mounted in the rear. Are you running the Bridgestones in the front only?

M3Pilot
02-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by M3West

M3 Pilot, I noticed in the pictures of your car when recently damaged that you have Goodyear tyres mounted in the rear. Are you running the Bridgestones in the front only?

LOL good spot :)
I got 2 new tyres aout the Goodyear for nothing due to a fault I had with them. And about a month later I got the Bridgestones which are on the front.
I didn't think it was worth changing all four as 2 of the tyre were new anyway, so I put the Goodyears to the backs as they will wear out quicker like that. And will get Bridgestones when they do unless the new Goodyear F1 is better, which comes out in about 2 months.
Supersprints are made for both stainless and steel.
it's to do with the sound of them, they still last a long long time. Check there website out as that will explain what is what better than I can. But they also do Fully stainless systems too, so you need to check what they do for your car.
Great exhausts though :)