PDA

View Full Version : Who's bimmer is this?

djc0ntra
01-20-2002, 11:03 AM
Sorry no pic, but last night i saw a nice '92 or '93 red bimmer with grey side skirts. It had euro ellipsoids and a nice sounding exhaust with some alpina style (many spoked) rims.

If yur a memeber on this board, i just wanna know what exhaust you had, it sounded awsome

EMPOWERD
01-21-2002, 11:34 AM
I know that car.... the guys name is Dan and lives in Toronto, but works in Ottawa... he has all the work done at Motronix Motorsports. The car is done with no expense spared. The exhaust is a Brullen rear silencer, Powerdyne blower, H&R coilovers, Ellipsoid lights and M3 brakes.

djc0ntra
01-21-2002, 11:51 AM
how much could i pickup an exhaust like that for here in toronto?
also does that exhaust have DTM style tips? cause this one did

the car sounded AGGRESSIVE
mine ALMOST sounds like that, but not as well tuned

and can you explain this powerdyn blower?

thanks

EMPOWERD
01-21-2002, 02:33 PM
You can go straight to Brullen and purchase a muffler like that (yes, DTM tips and more if you want) The owners name is Richard and is a really nice guy. They're located on Denison Rd in Markham (approx. 4 lights N of Steeles off Woodbine) I think a muffler like that costs about $300 w/lifetime warranty. He can custom make you a cat back system too for about $800 which offers more performance and doesn't require cutting and welding. The Powerdyne blower is actually one of many cerntifugal superchargers available on the market today (Paxton, ProCharger, Vortech to list some more) The unit is made in the states and has a quiet internal belt-drive system (the Vortech has noisey gears instead). ERT uses Powerdyne on some applications (depending on customer preference)... my friend Gary has a Powerdyne blown M50 E30 here in the GTA.... here's a pic of his motor (also Motronix built).

djcontra
01-21-2002, 03:45 PM
cool
well if i can sell my catback system i'd gladly pay the extra $200 for one like that

now if only i could afford a supercharger
too bad i dont have $6000 =)