PDA

View Full Version : maxbimmer decals, why not free?

mirek
11-24-2005, 09:40 PM
just wondering why i should pay to put a decal advertising the site on my car? i can understand tshirts, and toques, but decals? I'm advertising YOUR site. My dad used to own a vinyl sign shop so i know that it's not expensive making them..

AMG_POWER
11-24-2005, 09:46 PM
yeah i knida agree and disagree here...

mirek
11-24-2005, 09:47 PM
how mad would the mods be if i made like 30 and handed them out at cost?

rhythm
11-24-2005, 09:48 PM
It's just an assumption, but I'm guessing the owner if the site is not making any revenue from it. I would be surprised if the advertising paid for the hosting/bandwidth costs.

It would also be hypocritical to complain about paying money to advertise for someone. Just look at what we wear. Whether you wear Nike, G-Unit, or Polo, you pay to sport their logo which is advertising for them.

Gamite
11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
we're not making any money off them.

mirek
11-24-2005, 09:59 PM
we're not making any money off them.

so then i can have some made and hand them out?

Soldo
11-24-2005, 11:03 PM
so then i can have some made and hand them out?

I don't THINK theres any sorta copyright laws for this!

T.Dot_E30
11-24-2005, 11:04 PM
your supporting the site, big deal.

its not like ur paying for membership.

Bliss
11-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Let me put it this way...is Maxbimmer running on a free server? the answer is no. Is Maxbimmer's bandwidth rediculously high? yes...what does that equal? High monthly server costs that we dish out every month to keep Maxbimmer running.

Maxbimmer is a non-profit organization, so if you have a problem putting in $10 or $5 for support, so be it, you dont have to help out at all. No guns put to anyones heads here. After all, this BMW community is free to the public, including high-bandwidth videos. Small merchandise such as $10 stickers can help out, and we thank those that do.

Its not expensive making vinyl decals im sure...for the owners of the decal company. Its like saying Rogers cable tv is cheap for Mr Roger, lol. For the general public it's expensive.

For all the support that MANY members have given to Maxbimmer through the years either by buying a simple sticker, or by sponsoring us, we thank you for that and it's little things such as this that keeps Maxbimmer strong. Maxbimmer is a free online BMW community, and we hope to keep it this way...Thanks.

Justin e36
11-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Let me put it this way...is Maxbimmer running on a free server? the answer is no. Is Maxbimmer's bandwidth rediculously high? yes...what does that equal? High monthly server costs that we dish out every month to keep Maxbimmer running.

Maxbimmer is a non-profit organization, so if you have a problem putting in $10 or $5 for support, so be it, you dont have to help out at all. No guns put to anyones heads here. After all, this BMW community is free to the public, including high-bandwidth videos. Small merchandise such as $10 stickers can help out, and we thank those that do.

Its not expensive making vinyl decals im sure...for the owners of the decal company. Its like saying Rogers cable tv is cheap for Mr Roger, lol. For the general public it's expensive.

For all the support that MANY members given to Maxbimmer through the years either by buying a simple sticker, or by sponsoring us, we thank you for that and it's little things such as this that keeps Maxbimmer strong. Maxbimmer is a free online BMW comminity...Thanks.

Agreed. This site costs a lot of run, and the bandwidth usage is high with all the videos on the main page available to everyone. Not to mention all the picture attachments in the forum itself. A few dollars here or there to help keep the site running by purchasing decals, tshirts, or toques is not a lot to ask.

mirek
11-24-2005, 11:25 PM
I have no problem donating. Put up a paypal donation link and I'll be glad to throw some cash towards bandwidth!

I now understand you're point.. *th-up* d'accord d'accord..

windsor318is
11-24-2005, 11:37 PM
um.... where are theses toques i here about just outa curiousity?

Quack
11-24-2005, 11:40 PM
just click on the link SHOP at the top of the menu bar or here http://www.maxbimmer.com/shop/?

windsor318is
11-24-2005, 11:50 PM
oh your the best quack!

Justin e36
11-24-2005, 11:52 PM
The toques are actually really nice... it doesn't look as good in the pictures. I checked them out at the Revshot vs JazzM meet... think I'm going to pick up a short trim beanie.

windsor318is
11-24-2005, 11:54 PM
is it stiched on justin?

///M-TRD3
11-24-2005, 11:59 PM
After all, this BMW community is free to the public, including high-bandwidth videos. Small merchandise such as $10 stickers can help out, and we thank those that do.

...Thanks.

True

Justin e36
11-25-2005, 12:09 AM
is it stiched on justin?

Yep, it's embroidered / stitched into the fabric...

Ital_325i
11-25-2005, 12:29 AM
When Im not poor anymore, Im buying a touque.

Come on guys, maX is home to a lot of us. By sponsering, you keep home with a nice warm fireplace, and a place to relax. We've all put down our rants, our double you tee eff posts, etc.

Bruce, Id like to thank you and the admin team for making max my home. I also want to thank the daily posters who agree, disagree and post my daily dose of reading material and make it a place of contraversy yet a place where respect is shared.

There's forums where the registration has a manditory $10.00 entrance which includes decals. So at least here, its voluntary. So lets all do our part and keep this family together. Or be like me, and buy two sets. maX REPRASENT.

Betray
11-25-2005, 12:40 AM
i think you should all get custom toques with your names printed on the back.. might work on meets ;)

btw maXbimmer Ownz ;)

Ital_325i
11-25-2005, 12:46 AM
^Im down for that. Group Buy???????

///Milk
11-25-2005, 12:59 AM
^Im down for that. Group Buy???????
Me too, even though I'm nowhere near you guys. :D

Ital_325i
11-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Me too, even though I'm nowhere near you guys. :D

This is worldwide family. Your present, thats all that matters. Your touque get a milk carton pic beside your login name.*th-up*

By the way, I watch you sig over and over. I can't help but laugh. That and the O RLY sig keep me watching.

///Milk
11-25-2005, 01:20 AM
This is worldwide family. Your present, thats all that matters. Your touque get a milk carton pic beside your login name.*th-up*

By the way, I watch you sig over and over. I can't help but laugh. That and the O RLY sig keep me watching.
Haha. I'd like to get that on my beanie.

Thanks...thanks. :D

icu
11-25-2005, 11:35 PM
A small fee of $10.00 is not much to ask for all the enjoyment we get, as Bliss said running this site is not free,great idea on those toques , Group Buy?? I'm in for it . wonder if 10 fingers would fit? How about BB caps for the summer?

mpower1226
11-26-2005, 02:15 AM
I dont belive this shit, What the hell do you mean by "YOUR SITE"?
Bliss does own the site itself but his not making profit out of this site, is he?
Also, Bliss is providing the ground for the bmw enthusiasts, now whos gonna pay for all the server fee and shit. 10 bucks of decal fee, its not the matter of money but matter of supporting our bmw community.

If its HIS SITE, why the hell are you here in the first place.

Gamite
11-26-2005, 02:44 AM
I have no problem donating. Put up a paypal donation link and I'll be glad to throw some cash towards bandwidth!

I now understand you're point.. *th-up* d'accord d'accord..

http://www.maxbimmer.com/support/

A~G
11-26-2005, 11:03 AM
I would say...

Make maxbimmer a member only website... .charge soemthing like $10/year...

at that point your $10/year can go towards a sticker for your car.

Why should maxbimmer staff put out money for decal on YOUR car?

A~G
11-26-2005, 11:03 AM
nobody is FORCING you to put it on... its your choice.

Hound
11-26-2005, 11:23 AM
max is an awesome place that im glad to have found, met a lot of really nice people that im glad to call my friends, i think that the fee for the decals is no biggie i mean $10 for decals to me doesn't seem bad at all, and they last too, i have only had the one dot from an "i" come off but other then that i had to take my skraper to the window there and figured they would come off, nope the are on there like superglue. whoever you choose to make these get my *th-up* *th-up*. Thanks to all those who make max possible j00 r0x0rz my b0x0rz *th-up*

mirek
11-26-2005, 11:58 AM
I dont belive this shit, What the hell do you mean by "YOUR SITE"?
Bliss does own the site itself but his not making profit out of this site, is he?
Also, Bliss is providing the ground for the bmw enthusiasts, now whos gonna pay for all the server fee and shit. 10 bucks of decal fee, its not the matter of money but matter of supporting our bmw community.

If its HIS SITE, why the hell are you here in the first place.

are you retarded? Do you speak any english? yes, by YOUR SITE i mean HIS SITE, yes, he does OWN the site, YOUR is possessive., idiot.

mirek
11-26-2005, 12:02 PM

no shit, but if i had a site, i'd be handing out stickers left and right, to advertise it on their car. It's not like MB doesn't have sponsors\advertisers.

A~G
11-26-2005, 12:08 PM
no shit, but if i had a site, i'd be handing out stickers left and right, to advertise it on their car. It's not like MB doesn't have sponsors\advertisers.

Dude, you have to get whatever is up your ass... out of it.

Relax.

If it pisses you off so much then go make your own site.... start up your own club the way u like it.

You have issues, i feel sorry for the ppl who have to live with a short-fuse person like yourself day-to-day.

"are you retarded" "do you speak english?" "no shit... "

If you can't carry on a civilized convo, go on mmto or something.

Jim .E.
11-26-2005, 12:19 PM
a question related to the touques:

how much do you guys pay to get the embroidery on the touques? jus checking cuz my family friend owns a embroidery business and i could possibly try to get it cheaper then you guys dish out

mirek
11-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Dude, you have to get whatever is up your ass... out of it.

Relax.

If it pisses you off so much then go make your own site.... start up your own club the way u like it.

You have issues, i feel sorry for the ppl who have to live with a short-fuse person like yourself day-to-day.

"are you retarded" "do you speak english?" "no shit... "

If you can't carry on a civilized convo, go on mmto or something.

cause we all know you already got laughed off MMTO with your dub? :rolleyes: .....

It doesn't piss me off so much it was just a question... that was already answered and the topic moved on, but you and the HS dropout kept putting fuel on the flame...

where did i say anything about starting a new club or site? :confused:

mods please go ahead and lock this, question was answered already

A~G
11-26-2005, 12:39 PM
cause we all know you already got laughed off MMTO with your dub? :rolleyes: .....

It doesn't piss me off so much it was just a question... that was already answered and the topic moved on, but you and the HS dropout kept putting fuel on the flame...

where did i say anything about starting a new club or site? :confused:

mods please go ahead and lock this, question was answered already

yes, thats EXACTLY why I left mmto... not because of the 15 year old mentality...

no fuel on the flame here.

It would be nice to carry on a convo (as we do for the most part) without immature swearing/name calling.

You need to RELAX. its just the internet.

A~G
11-26-2005, 12:40 PM
I would say...

Make maxbimmer a member only website... .charge soemthing like $10/year...

at that point your $10/year can go towards a sticker for your car.

Why should maxbimmer staff put out money for decal on YOUR car?

HOW IS THAT ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE?

mirek
11-26-2005, 03:36 PM
HOW IS THAT ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE?

Because Bliss already responded, and the question was answered....

Justin e36
11-26-2005, 10:16 PM
a question related to the touques:

how much do you guys pay to get the embroidery on the touques? jus checking cuz my family friend owns a embroidery business and i could possibly try to get it cheaper then you guys dish out

PM Bliss...

mpower1226
11-26-2005, 11:04 PM
are you retarded? Do you speak any english? yes, by YOUR SITE i mean HIS SITE, yes, he does OWN the site, YOUR is possessive., idiot.

I think the first question you asked was much stupid then What I said.

You asked bliss why you have to pay for the sticker that would advertise HIS SITE the MAXBIMMER.

You are truly a retarded **** if you are seriously asking that question.

mirek
11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
I think the first question you asked was much stupid then What I said.

You asked bliss why you have to pay for the sticker that would advertise HIS SITE the MAXBIMMER.

You are truly a retarded **** if you are seriously asking that question.

*th-up* :rolleyes: