PDA

View Full Version : Window lift feature not working!?!? How to?

Jon@Bimmersport
11-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Well you know the feature on the 2 door E36s when you open/close the door, how the window will open and close about 1/2 inch? Well it stoppped working on my car. I checked fuse #14 which is O.K. but what operates this function? The window regulator or the accuator? This is only on the D/S window, P/S is working fine and every power window option (1 touch, open, close etc) works for both sides.

How the hell can i fix this? What can I trace this back to???

///MP
11-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Does the interior light come on when you open the door? I know it's simple, but check the door switch (located in the striker on the b-pillar) to make sure it's not stuck closed (mechanically and/or electrically).

MP

http://tinypic.com/fx58uc.jpg

Justin e36
11-20-2005, 02:58 PM
the window motor is connected to the window regulator that actually moves the window up or down. so in effect, they are both responsible. there is a relay for the 2-door e36's that is responsible for controlling this function.

Jon@Bimmersport
11-20-2005, 03:31 PM
justin i was waiting for your reply lol, ok now where is this relay located???

thanks mp im gonna go check that, i couldnt even see it when i checked before...im too used to working on these damn hondas with the switch on the body :(

Lug_n_trug
11-20-2005, 06:48 PM
It's on the actual window motor. when you take off the door panel you can see it, has about 6 hex's holding it on (black rectangular). When you take it apart there's an electronics board inside. I have to leave mine unplugged cause it won't let the window go up otherwise......gotta hate e36 window motors....