PDA

View Full Version : Fog lights!!!

E36er
11-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Alrighty

K, i got my HIDs quite a while ago,(still sorta messed up but w/e..)

now my my foglights oviouslty dont match, but it havent cared since they have been outa service for the last 4 months due to me doing some wiring and i cut the wire and never got back to connecting it again,

i had some free time so i reconnected it today and now this Yellow/yokie colour compaired to the Blue/purple colour is bothering me.

Now if hear of some expensive ways (putting HID's in ur fogs...forget where i saw that) but i want a cheaper way

So i supplyed some pictures so u all know exactly what i mean

ANY help will be greatly accepted and would help me out ...

Thanks in Advance

Chad aka E36er!

ps. sorry about the crappy quility, foggy and very dark out tonight,

E36er
11-20-2005, 12:28 AM
#2 picture

Understated
11-20-2005, 12:33 AM
well imo i think the fogs would WORK better if they were yellow...but in terms of getting them a lighter colour

Can't you fit them with Osram Silverstars?

M3ti Compact
11-20-2005, 12:37 AM
What headlights and colour temp you got?

Oh...and the easiest way is to put Silverstars, Nighthawks or Cool Blues in...but it won't look OEM...and it might be a bit ricey.

E36er
11-20-2005, 01:35 AM
What headlights and colour temp you got?

Oh...and the easiest way is to put Silverstars, Nighthawks or Cool Blues in...but it won't look OEM...and it might be a bit ricey.

i belive the Lights are Depos (yeah yeah) and the HIDs are ....im pretty sure its 6000K...not overly sure..(been a long day)

but thanks for the ideas,, i did see SilverStars in a shop but wasnt sure if they would work good, i bought a pair of super bright ones when my fogs died, but they werent any brighter...

and Superman87.... im lazy right now, but ive always been semi interested on the Yellow ones (since we do get quite a bit of fog in the winter where i live)....u happen to have any pics of these or know where i can find them (ill do my own search as well, but i thought u might know of something off the bat!)

alrighty boys, thanks for the quick and helpful reply's....anyone else?

Understated
11-20-2005, 01:39 AM
if your talking about french foglights....i love them...some may say they look ricey....but thats the same people who put in ricer blue underglow kits :confused:

anywho here we are

http://www.mmotorwerks.com/products/description.php/II=357/PA=0

*th-up*

Justin e36
11-20-2005, 01:50 AM
yep, or if you just want a yellow film to cover your foglights (instead of buying replacement yellow foglights) - go to www.lamin-x.com .. I think www.umnitza.com may have as well.

I rewired my fogs, vented them, and put ricer bulbs in... no problems in over 3 years now. I will eventually make the upgrade to HID's for both my lowbeam, and my fogs... but right now I just don't want to drop anymore cash into my beater. I think this color temperature (for regular halogens) may match your HID's a bit better...

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41799&stc=1&d=1093915348

propr'one
11-20-2005, 02:01 AM
ok. justin, erm. your 94 m44 FI e36 is your beater?

e36er i'd prolly get some euro fogs too, nice and clear:D

uber e36
11-20-2005, 12:29 PM
see my sig for french fogs... :P

325isRED
11-20-2005, 02:50 PM
see my sig for french fogs... :P

no pic

Justin e36
11-20-2005, 03:00 PM
ok. justin, erm. your 94 m44 FI e36 is your beater?

I wish. It's a 92 5-speed m42 non-FI. I do have a m50 and a turbokit to swap in... just being lazy about doing it... especially with winter around the corner. But yeah, this is my beater.

mpower1226
11-21-2005, 05:06 AM
while we are on the subject of foglights. Does anyone know if there is any yellow h1 bulb like the lexus fog use? if you look at lexus, they are white normal colour fogs but when they light up, its super yellow.

I would rather have yellow light with normal foglight then yellow foglight. just not my cup of tea!

Justin e36
11-21-2005, 07:24 AM
while we are on the subject of foglights. Does anyone know if there is any yellow h1 bulb like the lexus fog use? if you look at lexus, they are white normal colour fogs but when they light up, its super yellow.

I would rather have yellow light with normal foglight then yellow foglight. just not my cup of tea!

yes sir: http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/h1_bulbs.php

M3ti Compact
11-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I wish. It's a 92 5-speed m42 non-FI. I do have a m50 and a turbokit to swap in... just being lazy about doing it... especially with winter around the corner. But yeah, this is my beater.

you mean not fuel injected? Serious??? I never knew E36's came with carbs.

propr'one
11-21-2005, 12:47 PM
non FI means NA

FI = Forced Induction
NA = Naturally Aspirated

Suprano
11-21-2005, 03:52 PM
those french yellow fogs are sick, but over $200....wtf?
yellow film would be nice, but might lok shitty, guess I'll have to save up or wait for someone to sell em second hand.
non fi.....lol....if we all know that e36 BMWs come NA, then why bother putting that it's not FI????

Justin e36
11-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Why would I put non-FI? Look at the message I quoted.

And the yellow film does not look cheap, it's Lumin-X to protect your foglights from rocks & stones. It's just a tinted one. Also comes with a blue tint.