PDA

View Full Version : Peel Cops Get New Rides (FYI)

zanth
10-09-2002, 11:31 AM
Today the Peel Police will be getting eight new top of the line Chrysler Intrepid "Police Certified Vehicles" Announcement (http://micro.newswire.ca/releases/October2002/08/c9269.html/62)

The police vehicle package is based on the 2002 Chrysler Intrepid R/T which features a high-output 3.5- litre SOHC V-6 engine that delivers 242 horsepower at 6400 rpm and 248 lb.-ft. of torque at 3950 rpm.
More Specs (http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/011017-1.htm)

ROB89M3
10-09-2002, 12:48 PM
WHO CARES ?

mkgino
10-09-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
WHO CARES ?

Not me thats for sure!

Kal
10-09-2002, 03:43 PM
its useful info guys...just incase one day u need to out run the cops ... u'll know if u'll beable to do it!!*angel*

mkgino
10-09-2002, 04:02 PM
Ohh yeah with my car putting out 170hp at the wheels, the cops on the bicycles could catch up.*shiner*

Jon@Bimmersport
10-09-2002, 05:02 PM
lol mk..i can guarentee u...on a race from a dead stop to woodbridge...clear traffic and de-rstricted speedo's on both..with no mods besides that...u'll ruin that interpid! my dads malibu cant even go passed 180 easily...and its not the restrictor cuz the car wants to keep going but cant? oh well..its gettin returned soon!

djcontra
10-09-2002, 05:42 PM
i gotta boost my car until it can go faster than the police helicopters!

that's the kind of shit we in toronto have to deal with when you exceed 200km/h in a highspeed chase against the police.
(not that it's happened to me however *devil* )

oh and not to mention you probably wont be driving for a looooong time after they catch you...and they WILL catch you =)

mkgino
10-09-2002, 05:58 PM
I cant understand for the life of me how a person can try to outrun the cops. Every show that I see they are always caught, obviously they wont show the ones that got away, but I mean when you even have a helicopter chasing you.....damn just give up!

Kal
10-09-2002, 06:05 PM
that's the point...they only show the ones that were caught!!

abviously its stupid to run from teh cops but i'm sure they're are plenty of peeps who got away...

Jon@Bimmersport
10-09-2002, 06:17 PM
out of all the chases there are a day..on average 50% or more is bikes, and they mostly get away...by the time they actually call the chopper in, the chopper gets to the cops location the bike is outta there...but also depends on the bike...even with a car...it IS possible..but highly unlikely now-a-days... I myself personally wouldnt run from the cops, why run when your uncle can get you off the hook? lol..jks, i doubt he'd do that...but i dont see the point of risking ur license, and/or life just to have fun...

SickFinga
10-09-2002, 08:13 PM
I outrun cops a couple of times(as a passange not driver) in Estonia. It is easy to outrun a cop on a bike, much harder in a car.
Also on the bike it is damn scary.
Anyway I don't see a point of outrunning the cops in Toronto. Toronto is made out of block, so all your ways are predictable.
In Estonia all roads are like a mosaic, so no one know where you will go.

Gamite
10-09-2002, 09:58 PM
I think this is usefull, just in case you see some intrepid following you through the night, you'll know if a cop is tailing you

EMPOWERD
10-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
I cant understand for the life of me how a person can try to outrun the cops. Every show that I see they are always caught, obviously they wont show the ones that got away, but I mean when you even have a helicopter chasing you.....damn just give up!

I've outrun them here numerous times on my bike AND car. No problems.

That Intrepid is not new. I've seen one fully unmarked here in Mississauga for the past 2 years (all white).

niko_gt
10-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Have you guys seen those BLACK (malibu's i think) with florescent green writing on the sides saying "PEEL POLICE" i beleive.. and u only see it from some angles.. scared the crap out of me.

im over taking a black malibu (pretty sure it was malibu)
and everything seemed normal, but when i hit a certain angle the word "police" was written all over the car, and when i turned around it was gone.. that was like a year ago tho.
its a wierd reflecter they use.

Lil'Smoothie
10-10-2002, 07:29 AM
i've seen ppl outrun cops before
i Know someone who outran 3 crown vics in a normal intrepid

Kal
10-10-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by niko_gt
Have you guys seen those BLACK (malibu's i think) with florescent green writing on the sides saying "PEEL POLICE" i beleive.. and u only see it from some angles.. scared the crap out of me.

and everything seemed normal, but when i hit a certain angle the word "police" was written all over the car, and when i turned around it was gone.. that was like a year ago tho.

r u sure it was a malibu??? Its probably an impala....i never seen cops in malibu's...

niko_gt
10-10-2002, 11:44 AM
yea i ment impala. lol my bad

djcontra
10-10-2002, 11:54 AM
you should get a radar detector (i know they're illegal but who cares, so is outrunning the cops!)
those navy blue cop cars with the hidden writing on them are so easily picked up on the K band it's halarious.
The usual cop cars are a little harder because they're on the Ka band and some on the old X band which is hard to distinguish between a false alarm.

The ones i'm afraid of are the unmarked white crown vics!
They're using laser most of the time and by the time my detector picks that up i'm probably already tagged.

I'm finding i'm getting tagged alot with laser lately. Just in the past week i've been tagged about 11 times on my route to and from work. Be carefull everyone!

bart320i
10-15-2002, 01:29 AM
I got nabbed by a red Caravan in Oakville by some hard ass under covers last winter. They thought I was a drug dealer and they questioned me and my friend for a good hour

mkgino
10-15-2002, 02:18 AM
Here is a great way to avoid the cops, dont speed! Thats what I always do!

EMPOWERD
10-15-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
Here is a great way to avoid the cops, dont speed!

HaHa!... that's what you think. As-if it's that easy. When i'm cruising in the Bimmer, I never speed and CONSTANTLY get pulled over for questioning.

"is this thing street legal?"
"do you have Nitrous?"
"Is that cage real?"
"That muffler is too loud"
"what does it do in the quarter?"

I got a ticket for a rolling stop, no front plate, improper muffler, expired license sticker..... they just don't let up, but NEVER a speeding ticket.

SickFinga
10-15-2002, 09:00 AM
rolling stop??
what is it?

330DTM
10-15-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga
rolling stop??
what is it?
I think that's when you approach a stop sign and don't do a complete stop.
You're moving slow enough that you consider it a stop, but the cops want to see the wheels come to a dead hault for a second or two!

niko_gt
10-15-2002, 11:36 AM
so many diff kinds of cops u never know

i've seen
crown vics (marked & unmarked)
impalas' (marked & unmarked)
caravans (unmarked)
explorers (unmarked)
volvo s40s (the new boxy kind the smaller ones)

MP328
10-15-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by niko_gt

those are Impala's i've seen a few different ones Black and grey letters. dark green and green letters. silver and silver letters.

r u sure it was a malibu??? Its probably an impala....i never seen cops in malibu's...

i've seen one (a malibu) on the highway around london it was a dark color and the windows were tinted fully black and u could see the lights flashing behind the windshield cuz he pulled someone over when i passed by.

EMPOWERD
10-15-2002, 03:09 PM
The most stealthy cars I've seen the force use to date are new Impala's that are completely stock... even cheezy oversized mudflaps and plastic hubcaps. No visible radar boxes on the dash or rollbar... the strobes are in the tail lights and front grill.... scary how stock they look. Even the pig driving wears a baseball had and T-shirt!... I've seen them pull over someone passing me on the 407... twice!

djcontra
10-15-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
The most stealthy cars I've seen the force use to date are new Impala's that are completely stock... even cheezy oversized mudflaps and plastic hubcaps. No visible radar boxes on the dash or rollbar... the strobes are in the tail lights and front grill.... scary how stock they look. Even the pig driving wears a baseball had and T-shirt!... I've seen them pull over someone passing me on the 407... twice!

are you serious?
I remember a few years ago my father told me that cops in unmarked or undercover cars, unless they were a detective, had to wear a police uniform because of somethng like the public complaining it was unfair that they could wear plain clothes while on duty and still pull people over, (this is probably bullshit, but there was a good reason for it that i just can't remember now)

perhaps things have changed because of all the speeding problems toronto has right now?

mkgino
10-16-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by empowerd

Oh yeah?? Listen to this, I was on the 401 and I was in the middle lane next to the fast lane and I see a late 90's cavalier with rice blue bulbs, tinted covers over his headlights, very dark tint, and a loud exhaust speeding in the fast lane, early in the morning. So I see him in my rear view mirror comming up fast, and what do I do just before he reaches me I dump it in 3rd ready to take him, and just before I step on the gas, I look over and its a uniformed COP!!!!!! Wow good thing I looked over!!

MP328
10-16-2002, 03:23 AM
a couple of weeks ago i just washed my car and went to one park around here were i live on lakeshore to take some pictures. and i was going out of the park and got on the lakeshore and a older monte carlo was behind me. no visible flashlights on top or inside. and i just turned on lake shore and while still in 2nd gear changed lanes really quick.

and i stopped on the next light and had the windows down and i hear a siren i look over and the monte carlo was right beside me and the guy had a police baseball hat on, not a uniform. and asked me "how many tickets do u want today" i was like "none:eek: " and he said "DRIVE SENSIBLE!!!" i just said "OK" and tried to hide inside the car heheh. so i got lucky *par-t*

Betray
10-16-2002, 04:48 PM
see usefull info!

niko_gt
10-16-2002, 08:25 PM
apparently those new intrepids are pretty stealthy too (the unmarked ones) their strobe lights and flashers are built into the visor (where the mirror usually goes) and all he has to do is flip it down.

Lil'Smoothie
10-16-2002, 09:18 PM
driving to work in his cavalier?

My neighbour was a cop, he was real cool tho, I used to always see him speed of in his SIR. He caught me driving w/out a liscence mad times too. U shoulda went the cop in the cavalier lol

maverick
10-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Impala intrepids those are the suspicious ones
CAW meeting in brampton 2 weeks ago I think brought out all the undercovers and unmarked. there are honda civics,vans,the regulars impalas and so on, S.U.V's I woont race anything anymore ive heard stories of people racing a car wining then geting pulled over by that car. Be CAREFUL

bart320i
10-28-2002, 09:07 PM
Cops CAN"T instigate racing. They can get in big trouble. I talked to a cop before out of 12 division about that and he said that even if a claim of that sort is made about them there is a investigation involved. "cops don't like being investigated"

e30_325_s52
10-28-2002, 10:20 PM
ya everyone.....keep a eye on those po po cars cuz u mite see them one day..