PDA

View Full Version : e36 seats

Woofer
11-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Hey guys,

As some of you know it i wrote my e30 off. Well it's still at my house and i was taking my e36 325i(s?) leather seats and I came across a problem. For some reason my seat won't move forward and i can't get to the rear bolts. (motorized seats by the way). I'm thinking something is wrong with the switch that moves the seat back and forward, but the seats will move back. The switch lets the seat move back, up, down but not forward. Is there any way of making the seats move forward without using the switch? Thanks in advance i really need to take the seat off because the car is going to the wreckered and i don't want to send it with my e36 leather seat.

Lug_n_trug
11-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Once you get them off, want to sell them to me? I need new seats in my e36....well it's a 2dr, so maybe not.

Woofer
11-19-2005, 10:24 AM
sorry not looking to really sell them yet.....i might pt them in my new e30......come on no one has any tips or info?

Justin e36
11-19-2005, 03:58 PM
if they are coupe seats, then hit the level on the side to make them tilt forward. if they are sedan seats, it will be a little more tough. I would try putting the seats as high as they can go, then playing with that switch a little more. You may need to squeeze a spanner in there and use that.

T.Dot_E30
11-19-2005, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Justin e36] You may need to squeeze a spanner [QUOTE]

lol spanner, ppl in canada might not know what that is, they call it a wrench here.

:D

Justin e36
11-19-2005, 09:14 PM
I thought spanners don't have serrated teeth on them, and wrenches do. If you use a wrench on a bolt, you risk damaging the head with the teeth, so it is better suited for piping and the like... ?

uber e36
11-23-2005, 11:22 AM
i always thought wrenches had a flat surface... spanner? sounds like something the doctor would use... :P

paul christians
11-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Do you have the power still on????

MV325IS
11-23-2005, 07:38 PM
ahahah... i havent heard that word "spanner" since my last visit to England !
so nice to hear that again...thanks for the memories !

Cheers !

Justin e36
11-23-2005, 09:16 PM
i always thought wrenches had a flat surface...

"Although they resemble adjustable spanners, the basic difference is that the jaws of a wrench are serrated, enabling them to grip and turn objects such as lengths of pipe. The wrench should never be used on good nuts as the jaws can cause damage to the flats."

http://www.diydata.com/tool/spanner/spanner.htm

*wiggle*

T.Dot_E30
11-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Thats a UK site.

Ask some machanic's that grew up over here or something. I bet out of 10 a few will not know what a spanner is.

"Although they resemble adjustable spanners, the basic difference is that the jaws of a wrench are serrated, enabling them to grip and turn objects such as lengths of pipe. The wrench should never be used on good nuts as the jaws can cause damage to the flats."

http://www.diydata.com/tool/spanner/spanner.htm

*wiggle*

Justin e36
11-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Thats a UK site.

Ask some machanic's that grew up over here or something. I bet out of 10 a few will not know what a spanner is.

Pfffft... hicks. :moon: