PDA

View Full Version : Heated seats, not HOT!

Alizay
11-18-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm having a little problem with my heated seats. They don't get hot. They'll get WARM, but not hot. I'm not trying to start a fire, but I'd like them to be hotter than the way they are now. I've been in other cars with heated seats, and on high heat, the seats can get pretty hot. What can I replace to fix a problem like this?... and does anyone have a part that will solve this issue??

Justin e36
11-19-2005, 12:00 AM
heating pads may be need changing.. it's a PITA to do. My driver's seat was like this before, but my passenger seat got steamin' hot. I had to replace the pads in the back and seat area.

Remember the ||| button is to heat, and | is to maintain temperature.

Alizay
11-19-2005, 12:07 AM
heating pads may be need changing.. it's a PITA to do. My driver's seat was like this before, but my passenger seat got steamin' hot. I had to replace the pads in the back and seat area.

Remember the ||| button is to heat, and | is to maintain temperature.

Do u have that part Justin?... You mentioned before that u were parting an E36.
Also, i'm looking for a clutch fan.

Justin e36
11-19-2005, 12:43 AM
e36 was stripped and parted long time ago.
Might have a clutch fan kicking around.. will let you know.

Alizay
11-19-2005, 01:06 AM
e36 was stripped and parted long time ago.
Might have a clutch fan kicking around.. will let you know.

Thanks Juss... good lookin out man!

Jari
11-19-2005, 03:55 AM
soooo... justin tell us more about the heating pad. My passenger seat heats up like the devils tail itself, but drivers seat seems to only get toasty in the lumbar area. The ass cushion itself doesnt get hot. Edumacate me!

Justin e36
11-19-2005, 05:20 AM
it really is a very difficult job dismantling the seats and putting them back together.. if you guy sare genuinely interested in replacing the heating elements, I'll make a proper write-up and provide guidance. I got my extra heating pad out of a wrecked e36 cloth passenger seat. The seat was left outside was all cut up, and stained... but the elements were good. :)

Jari
11-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks Justin. I'm going to hunt for a donor seat.

bmdbley'sBro
11-21-2005, 12:37 AM
I know for vw's it's often a ripped, snapped heating element/wire.

i'd check costs on New heating pads.
justins right it's a pita job & you might get real mad if the used one craps out quick.. :D