PDA

View Full Version : Track Run '06 325i 6MT Picture of Slips

Guess
11-18-2005, 11:19 PM
This was done right before halloween, with optimal track conditions.

14.7 1/4 Mile. The track is Cayuga (Toronto Motorsports Park)

http://www.kwlt.net/slips.jpg

Guess
11-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Oh yea, forgot to mention, i am vehicle 8003!

The car is completely stock except for 18" AC Schnitzer wheels (17lbs a piece) and shitty tires. (fuzion zr)

Fern
11-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey Guess,

you remove your plates before your run?

A buddy of mine many years ago was running his mustang on the same track and low and behold a Ford rep happened to be video taping some of the 1/4 mile runs...

Hey Guess, guess what,

the next day when my buddy had the car towed to the local ford dealership for a blown trani, the dealer had already been informed the car had been tracked... Results, warranty void...

The moral of the story, we all started to remove our plates before a run from that point on...

Cheers,
Fern

rodo
11-19-2005, 09:19 AM
sick! what did u run against in your first run which clocked in at 12.57 wtf was he driving??

Guess
11-19-2005, 09:32 AM
It was a 5.0 Mustang, supercharged

I have never removed plates while tracking my cars, why? Because nowhere in the warranty does it state that a vehicle may not be driven fast in a straight line. I have had Mazda try to deny warranty on that basis on my tranny a while back, and got nowhere with it really fast.

A dealer will only deny your warranty claim if they are out to get you or if your gullable enough to believe that they can. BMWNA would not post 1/4 mile and 0-60 times on their website if they didnt want their cars tracked. Their cars are very performance oriented, and they know they attracked enthusiasts of this nature.