11-17-2005, 12:43 AM
ok i may be going crazy but

the heat in my car works, but doesn't

heating my feet? sure, plenty of heat
heating the window? sure, plenty of heat
heat coming directly at me? no heat whatsoever

honestly, what the ****?
that doesn't make ANY sense.

Its not a huge problem, car heats up real fast anyway, but i dont even understand how this is possible. is there a seperate hot air system for your feet?

stupid stupid german cars

Understated
11-17-2005, 12:47 AM
BAN HEEM WHO SPEAK AGAINST ZEE GERMANS

http://www.slowdays.org/files/pictures/hitler/hitler_ban_all_noobs.jpg

T.Dot_E30
11-17-2005, 01:06 AM
The flop opening the vents are stuck closed or something.

Is it a late model with climate control?

propr'one
11-17-2005, 01:13 AM
well is 98 a late model?

superman honestly dont get me started on germans. they ****ed my family over so hard.

and now we fuel their economy:D

T.Dot_E30
11-17-2005, 01:17 AM
well is 98 a late model?

Ya, sorry can't help you with the climate control ones, they are more complicated, and i haven't really worked on one yet.

Justin e36
11-17-2005, 01:22 AM
digital climate control?.. probably has a connection problem to the vents. There's a little motor the use to adjust a bunch of gears behind the dashboard to redirect the air. With the manual climate control, you physically move these gears yourself when you turn the dial.

Pop out the climate control and take a look.

propr'one
11-17-2005, 01:22 AM
cool. I can't imagine a huge problem though, like there is plenty of heat on both the other settings. mabye someone else will chime in. T.dot e30 BTW

2 things
A) i think you suggested the active green and ross where i got a car inspected. Thank you, i now own that car:D:D:D:D
(they didn't check the heating:() jk

B) what does a radio (stock) from a 1992 325i look like? is it the same as from my 98

325isRED
11-17-2005, 01:42 AM
oh, i forgot to get the picks for the radio...

but i have the same problem with the heat! i figured thats just how it is! i'm thinking of taking my internals appart to change the filter and inspecting/lubbing up the mechanism...

T.Dot_E30
11-17-2005, 10:42 AM
cool. I can't imagine a huge problem though, like there is plenty of heat on both the other settings. mabye someone else will chime in. T.dot e30 BTW

2 things
A) i think you suggested the active green and ross where i got a car inspected. Thank you, i now own that car:D:D:D:D
(they didn't check the heating:() jk

B) what does a radio (stock) from a 1992 325i look like? is it the same as from my 98

hey now i remember you, ya im pretty sure they wont check the front vents for safety, only the front defogger is required to pass safety. Did you A/C work ?

propr'one
11-17-2005, 11:15 AM
i wasn't complaining man, im accually very happy with the car, and am sincerely greatful

a/c works just fine:)

uber e36
11-17-2005, 12:11 PM
what about the manual overide in the middle of the dash that you use for cooling your face while heating you feet (good for late night drives)

it's a little dial you turn.... beside the dial that opens/closes the vents

ScotcH
11-17-2005, 02:43 PM
what about the manual overide in the middle of the dash that you use for cooling your face while heating you feet (good for late night drives)

it's a little dial you turn.... beside the dial that opens/closes the vents

I was about to suggest the same thing ... make sure it's on the red side :)

M3ti Compact
11-17-2005, 03:24 PM
heating my feet? sure, plenty of heat
heating the window? sure, plenty of heat
heat coming directly at me? no heat whatsoever

honestly, what the ****?
that doesn't make ANY sense.

This is normal for BMW and all other cars i've been in.

If you got any heat going to the window, there will be NO heat comming to you. The only other heat option with window is feet.

The only way you get heat going to you is direct, or direct with feet. No window.

Reason: not many people like warm air in the face. When it's cold, they rather have it going to their cold feet.

mirek
11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
This is normal for BMW and all other cars i've been in.

If you got any heat going to the window, there will be NO heat comming to you. The only other heat option with window is feet.

The only way you get heat going to you is direct, or direct with feet. No window.

Reason: not many people like warm air in the face. When it's cold, they rather have it going to their cold feet.

works fine on mine... blows HOT...

propr'one
11-17-2005, 11:24 PM
325isred, got a solution for you man, just tried it coming back from dropping some shit off at Myndgone's

Turn on feet warmers and window warmers, and hit recirculate air. put both on 32 and max fan. Then wait like 3-5 mins and blast regular. nice and toasty:D