PDA

View Full Version : ABS LIGHT came on suddenly

aasyss
11-14-2005, 01:59 AM
Guys I am having a BMW 318I 1995 ,two weeks ago ABS light is "on"in the dashboard. Is any body can guide me what is it.Also I do not have any good mechanic for my BMW.Because after I bought this is the first problem I got.I am living in the Brampton,Toronto.If any body can help to give address for the good mechanic I appriciate him/her.

[send me PM ] thanks

///M-TRD3
11-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Charlie A.K.A. Bimmersport on here
416 823 2269

aasyss
11-14-2005, 02:29 AM
Charlie A.K.A. Bimmersport on here
416 823 2269
[Just now I saw your reply ]

///M-TRD3
11-14-2005, 02:36 AM
I dont think theres anything I can do, but call Charlie tommorow hes herralded as the most reputable BMW mechanic on here.

Justin e36
11-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Guys I am having a BMW 318I 1995 ,two weeks ago ABS light is "on"in the dashboard. Is any body can guide me what is it.Also I do not have any good mechanic for my BMW.Because after I bought this is the first problem I got.I am living in the Brampton,Toronto.If any body can help to give address for the good mechanic I appriciate him/her.

[send me PM ] thanks

Welcome to the forum aasyss. Is your ABS light always on as soon as you start the car? The problem could be your ABS relay, but it is more likely to be one of your speed sensors.

Each wheel has a speed sensor that the ABS computer uses to calculate how/when to use the ABS system. Since these sensors are mechanical, and somewhat exposed to the elements, is it not uncommon for them to die or go intermittent after a few years.

If by any (very rare) chance it happens to be your ABS computer that kicked the bucket, I have an extra one I can sell you. Also, if it happens to be your ABS relay (red relay located in your fuse box) I have an extra one of those too.