PDA

View Full Version : Lots of questions for u guys to answer :)

E36ForL!fe
11-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone its me again, Im thinking about buying the H&R lowering spring from turnermotosports.com, they claim to lower my car 2 inches in the front and 1.3 in the rear, i was wondering if i would have to roll my fenders if i did this, because in the back of my car, the top of my tires are even with the bottom of my fender, and in the front, it has plenty of room for lowering, so im mainly worried about the back rubbing, exactly how much room is up in that fender well? Also i just ordered those headlights off ebay ("opinions wanted" thread) and i was wondering where i could buy some HID Xenon 6000k H1 35-55 Watt Bulbs that are good quality but arent $275 per pair like umnitzas price.

Justin e36
11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone its me again, Im thinking about buying the H&R lowering spring from turnermotosports.com, they claim to lower my car 2 inches in the front and 1.3 in the rear, i was wondering if i would have to roll my fenders if i did this, because in the back of my car, the top of my tires are even with the bottom of my fender, and in the front, it has plenty of room for lowering, so im mainly worried about the back rubbing, exactly how much room is up in that fender well? Also i just ordered those headlights off ebay ("opinions wanted" thread) and i was wondering where i could buy some HID Xenon 6000k H1 35-55 Watt Bulbs that are good quality but arent $275 per pair like umnitzas price.

Back rubbing depends on what rims (offset) and width of tires you're running. On stock wheels you'll be fine; the rear wheels will tuck inside your fender without any rubbing.

As for the bulbs, are you looking for an actual HID kit w/ ballasts? Or just xenon gas filled halogen bulbs?

E36ForL!fe
11-10-2005, 09:06 PM
just xenon gas filled halogen bulbs i guess? If i buy a "HID Conversion Kit" how hard is that to wire into the existing 9006 to h1 converter and all of that good stuff? What does umnitza use to get that 6000k color in the projectors???

325isRED
11-11-2005, 01:35 AM
i have the H&R race springs installed wich stands slightly lower that the ones you seem to be interested in, i run 225/45/17 for my summer setup, with no rubbing issues,

I bolted on my buddies momo rims for a few days 235/40/17, and also no rubbing

325isRED
11-11-2005, 01:35 AM
i have the H&R race springs installed wich stands slightly lower that the ones you seem to be interested in, i run 225/45/17 for my summer setup, with no rubbing issues,

I bolted on my buddies rims to test 235/40/17 for rubbimg one day, and nothing...

sloveniaboy
11-12-2005, 10:18 AM
H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks.....7.5inch wide rim with 235 tire and 20mm spacer = the slightest rub on very hard bumps...this was solved with a baseball bat, the inner lip had to be bent very little and it was good to go *th-up*

propr'one
11-12-2005, 12:33 PM
*th-up* solving things with baseball bats