King Luis
11-09-2005, 09:58 AM
has anyone been there?
heard of them?
know the quality of their work?
anything?

ZiMMie
11-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Dude take it to European Autobody. Its not lke u r payin for it.

King Luis
11-09-2005, 11:32 AM
its the guy's request to get a estimate there. he says they do first class work but i really don't know and don't really want to get my car done there. but he's going to want the cheaper place.

Mitch555
11-09-2005, 12:42 PM
its the guy's request to get a estimate there. he says they do first class work but i really don't know and don't really want to get my car done there. but he's going to want the cheaper place.

So what. He damaged your car. He shouldn't be telling you where to take your car. Tell him you only take your car to European Autobody if there are any problems and that's the only place you want it to get fixed. Talk to Manuel or Emillio and tell him you know Mitch.

King Luis
11-09-2005, 01:01 PM
european autobody is kinda far from me, plus the guy at carstar is my friend's uncle and he's done great jobs. he's going to start modifying his e34 and probably join a club. lets see if he joins maX.

325isRED
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
seneca down by lakeshore and cawthra area?

I know the owner (Robert) personally, we do lots of business with him!

Just make sure u tell him exactly what u want, and that insurance is paying for it or something along those lines!

I've had 2 cars completely sprayed by these people, and more than a dozen cars, if not 2 dozen cars worked on by them...

King Luis
11-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm going to go by today and get a estimate. If they sound like they are going to do what i want, i might let them fix my car.
we'll see soon. :P

325isRED
11-09-2005, 03:10 PM
keep me posted...

bimmer318ti
11-09-2005, 10:14 PM
seneca down by lakeshore and cawthra area?

I know the owner (Robert) personally, we do lots of business with him!

Just make sure u tell him exactly what u want, and that insurance is paying for it or something along those lines!

I've had 2 cars completely sprayed by these people, and more than a dozen cars, if not 2 dozen cars worked on by them...

I got my bumper painted there recently. I also delt with robert. They did a good job for the cheapest price it town :).. highly recommended. *th-up*

King Luis
11-09-2005, 11:11 PM
thanks for the help...dropping my car off monday. car lifetime warrenty on the work done and they are giving me a free loaner car. robert said if i didn't like the job they did then they would redo the work.

325isRED
11-10-2005, 12:25 AM
I got my bumper painted there recently. I also delt with robert. They did a good job for the cheapest price it town :).. highly recommended. *th-up*

yeah roberts a good guy, sometimes its hard to keep a strait face when he's wairing matching cowboy hat & cowboy boots! i plan to paint my grey bumpers there in the spring, instead of going body color, i am going to paint them black!

King Luis
11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
well i got my car back yesterday and took the tape off the trim that has been glued on. (isn't there a screw or something that is supposed to hold it on??)
the trim is coming off right after the door slightly. (i'll post pics later). i can see the black glue they put on and it's not holding too well. i was told i could take the tape off tonight by the guy who worked on my car. i'm probably going to take my car back to them to get it put back on. the paint was pretty good with barely any "orange peel" on it. no overspray except onto the sticker a little on the inside of the door and they painted over the tab for my rust proofing. i'll post pictures later or tomorrow.
here is what it was before:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54863&stc=1

King Luis
11-19-2005, 12:25 AM
so how does the trim (the one that broke and they replaced) really stay on?

King Luis
11-19-2005, 03:06 PM
so i went back to the body shop today and they used urethane glue to hold that part of the trim on. this was the result since the glue couldn't dry properly.
i'm going to go get some clips and tell them to put it on properly. this is just one thing that can go wrong when you take your car to a body shop. they use glue instead of the proper clips.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55221
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55222