PDA

View Full Version : funky car history???

TheMadChigga
11-06-2005, 10:22 PM
here's a quick run down, I put $1000 deposit down on a 99 BMW 540IA, black on black with sport package. The car is at Open Road BMW in Newmarket, so I know the car was sold in Quebec when new and the owner who traded in lived in Nova Scotia.

that's cool, its conditional deposit anyways, comes 2hrs ago, friend of mine told me about car proof, so I checked it out.

here's what it says on Carfax:

04/23/1999 Quebec
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Rock Forest, QC
Registration issued or renewed
First owner reported

06/04/1999 Quebec
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Richmond, QC

01/12/2000 Quebec
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Richmond, QC

01/31/2001 Quebec
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Richmond, QC

01/01/2002 Nova Scotia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Truro, NS

07/04/2002 Quebec
Motor Vehicle Dept.

07/18/2002 Ontario
Ministry of Transportation
Vehicle previously registered in Quebec
Vehicle color noted as Black

08/20/2002 Ontario
Ministry of Transportation

01/01/2003 Nova Scotia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Truro, NS

everything seems normal, it seems the guy moved a bit.

BUT When I checked out Carproof, it shows:

6/4/1999

RICHMOND QC

Motor Vehicle Dept.

CANADIAN RENEWAL

DMV Record Adjustment

1/31/2000

RICHMOND QC

Motor Vehicle Dept.

CANADIAN RENEWAL

DMV Record Adjustment

7/4/2002

QC

Motor Vehicle Dept.

CANADIAN RENEWAL

DMV Record Adjustment

7/17/2002

CANADA

Auto Auction

REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION

Odometer Reading

79446 K

8/20/2002

ON

Motor Vehicle Dept.

CANADIAN RENEWAL

DMV Record Adjustment

Note the 2nd last part, it was reported to an auto auction, but according to Carfax, after that the car went back to Nova Scotia, but then end up in Ontario again........ do you guys think the history of this car is bit funny?

propr'one
11-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Could be, doesn't have to be. Call every person/organisation listed, they dont have to give you any details. but they might if you're persuasive. Have a mechanic inspect the car

Miguel
11-07-2005, 09:22 AM
run as fast as possible from that car.

KIRASIR
11-07-2005, 09:42 AM
General rule of thumb: stay away from Quebec cars.

With regards to this car, it is hard to say. See if you can get the Used Vehicle Package, it should tell you most of the names of the previous owners/companies.

It's possible that this car was originally leased in QC, moved to NS, and then sold at a wholesale auction once the lease expired (as the majority of the leased cars).

SL

Note the 2nd last part, it was reported to an auto auction, but according to Carfax, after that the car went back to Nova Scotia, but then end up in Ontario again........ do you guys think the history of this car is bit funny?

Gamite
11-07-2005, 10:40 AM
General rule of thumb: stay away from Quebec cars.

With regards to this car, it is hard to say. See if you can get the Used Vehicle Package, it should tell you most of the names of the previous owners/companies.

It's possible that this car was originally leased in QC, moved to NS, and then sold at a wholesale auction once the lease expired (as the majority of the leased cars).

SL

second that.

Waterwings
11-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Heres the deal, Open Road BMW is part of the used car dealer association. Tell them you would like them to call up the ucda and run a history and accident report on the car then you will know everything about it and what has happend to it.

TheMadChigga
11-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I called 'em today and tell 'em about this whole history thing, they cancelled the deposit for now and they going to look into it and get back to me.

paul christians
11-07-2005, 01:52 PM
You, will be sorry about it....It has been at an action, stay away from it my 2 cents..

Waterwings
11-07-2005, 01:55 PM
just because its an auction car doesn't mean its a bad car.

TheMadChigga
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
what they say is that the auction could be when the lease was up.

I'm making 'em putting everything down on the paper if I'm going to buy the car.

the car still makes my heart beat like a bunny.

paul christians
11-07-2005, 03:30 PM
That is true, but it start in QUEBEC for 4 years, NOVE SCOTIA for 1 year, then back QUEBEC for 1 year, to ONTARIO for 2 years, back to NOVE SCOTIA for what ever ( AUCTION) with 79446++ on it, that all..

razor/m5
11-07-2005, 03:40 PM
theres nothing wrong with auction cars. The auctions have guidelines that sellers need to follow. I have purchased many auction cars , and to tell you the truth they were better than cars purchased from privite sellers. I'm also sure Open road will not sell a car that has had a major collision, rolled back km's, theft recovery, or what ever else. The dealerships have a way better source to find out about the cars history(not carfax) If you discover after you by the car that it was in a major accident or "un true" km's the dealership has to refund your money back as per UCDA guidelines.

BMVV
11-08-2005, 08:51 AM
I would not want a car that had so many owners. Makes it hard to get an accurate service history.

TheMadChigga
11-08-2005, 09:36 AM
a lesson to be learned here:

Carfax history is not always right,
01/01/2002 Nova Scotia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Truro, NS

how can the car be register on New Years? the history is checked, the car had one owner, he originally leased it for 3yrs from Quebec, lease was up, bought the car back, moved to Nova Scotia.