PDA

View Full Version : Black '92 535i from "The Auto Place" in North York - BEWARE!

static
11-05-2005, 12:28 AM
http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=680500#post680500

moderators! ;) sorry for crosspost, I am doing this for the welfare of others on the forum

Alex

rodo
11-05-2005, 12:47 AM
that bitch! i was about to buy a 93 325is from him, had sam at cross ave. look at it for me, it was ****ed, 2 holes in the floor, needed a new axel or whatever on te back left. ****ed up car, the guys name is sam too, that owns auto place

rodo
11-05-2005, 12:49 AM
i just read the link, they made me put a 500$ deposit, what a bastard

King Luis
11-05-2005, 01:31 AM
i got my car from there. haven't had any problems. my car was in really good condition minus a few things but overall it was a good buy for me. i haven't had any trouble with them.

Soldo
11-05-2005, 01:39 AM
hahaha, i've been to just about EVERY dealer in that entire north york area, and they're ALLLL scammers!

BigD
11-05-2005, 03:05 AM
hahaha, i've been to just about EVERY dealer in that entire north york area, and they're ALLLL scammers!

Of course they are. What you think they go around looking for legitimate cars being sold by privateers? Then all their cars would go for MORE than any private sale. So how do they do it? They go to auctions, find wrecks, fix them up for the bare minimum so they pass crooked safety checks (ie visual a-ok, my first car had a busted low beam and he got it safetied, one of the most fundamental things they fail you for). If you get lucky, it was just a broken bumper that they replaced with a salvaged one... or it may have a lot darker hidden demons that you may never know about.

And yeah, I wish everyone would stop asking for carfaxes, they're useless for cdn cars.

Soldo
11-05-2005, 03:16 AM
Ya.... my car had some deamons that it took me a few years to find out..... all i'm saying is that if I HAD my own car dealer, i'd be honest..... i'd probably fail the business cause i'm not ripping people off.... but i'd do it.... customer satisfaction i believe is more important... but people are know becoming more aware of these dealers, and they're starting to clean up their act a LITTLE bit, still scammers to me!