PDA

View Full Version : A blk 535i stick at "The Auto Place" - watch out!

static
11-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Warning!!! *no-no*

For those considering a very nice looking black '92 535 at "The Auto Place" dealer (located north of Dufferin and Finch in North York) for $7500 might want to think twice.

Car looked extremely clean and cared for, so was extremely interested in getting the it and probably would get it tomorrow, but i decided to "go smart" and do some research on the dealer and the vehicle beforehand.

So i searched for "The Auto Place" + Dufferin, and google came up with at least two bitter complaints coming from people on forums about being mistreated by the afforementioned dealership (one of the guys had his engine blow up on the way home from the dealership - and those bastards said it's his problem).
Then i decided to do a CARFAX on the vehicle and guess what, CARFAX record was perfect. Good! I thought.
But its a good thing I didnt stop there and called a friend that works at a dealership to pull some info on the vehicle using his internal tool.
Well, I was absolutely astonished to find out that the vehicle had been in two major accidents and changed at least 5 owners recently.
Very shady behaviour of one of the employees there (Leonid) - he basically would not let me even take a ride in the car while he is driving before I make a deposit and commit: "show that i am a serious buyer" in his words.
All these things had turned me off from the car, an i am just letting you guys know so you won't get in this trap.

Alex

Eurostyle
11-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Carfax is worth sh#t from my personal experiences, and used car dealers i dont even want to start getting into :mad:

Do yourself a favour, buy from private owner with the history from the dealer. Get it checked by a trusted mechanic/body shop...you will save $$$$ and headaches...

Deep 3.2TL
11-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Carfax is mostly US based. Carproof is Canadian... A friend of mine who owns a dealership in Mississauga uses this all the time. Finds it quite reliable...

https://www.carproof.ca/Default.asp

Deep

Sailor
11-06-2005, 04:06 PM
You are probably scaring yourself out of a chance at a great ride. Two things that mean nothing. One "he won't let you drive". What did you come in with? Drive in a bimmer most salesman, cheats or honest will throw you the keys. Come in a civic? They get twenty posers a day who just want to drive a bimmer.

Used cars change 3-7 dealers in one week when traded in. Don't know why this happens but it is in the Ontario used car package on every used car I have bought.

Most used car dealers are shady. If you want honest you can't deal with any used car place. Except the high end ones, but they don't carry 92's. If they only have two people complaining they are crooks they probably aren't.

Take Euro's advice, and have it checked. Two ask for the "used car pack", three do this with a deposit in the form of a bank check that your bank can cancel. If you put 2000 down, they will let you drive out in the car alone. Then since they are used car dealers tell them the independent said 3000 worth of work and offer 5 grand, and hope like heck your scam works. They don't know anything about the car, after all they bought it from a "used car dealer" themselves.

BY and BY I bought my new ride private!

kobim3r
11-06-2005, 05:07 PM
You are probably scaring yourself out of a chance at a great ride. Two things that mean nothing. One "he won't let you drive". What did you come in with? Drive in a bimmer most salesman, cheats or honest will throw you the keys. Come in a civic? They get twenty posers a day who just want to drive a bimmer.

hmmmmmmmmm this BS is your first post?...this guy probably works for the dealer

who doesnt let someone test drive a $7000 car? someone with something to hide...these cars dont sell themselves I don't know anyone who would commit before buying an old car

lvan
11-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Too much, dude you can get 94-94 540-530 for that price. I remember that place . He showed me one white E30 2 door that was at the back .I went under the body , omg it had a hole like a tennis ball. I think they may have some nice cars once but very pricey . Stay away fro those guys . For that money, you are looking at late model E34 , 1 OWNER car.

Dont listen to trash talkers and cheaters.

static
11-07-2005, 11:53 AM
hmmmmmmmmm this BS is your first post?...this guy probably works for the dealer
buying an old car

that's what i thought too!

btw, they had nerve to jack up the price to $8000 over the weekend.

rodo
11-07-2005, 10:52 PM

Used cars change 3-7 dealers in one week when traded in. Don't know why this happens but it is in the Ontario used car package on every used car I have bought.

Most used car dealers are shady. If you want honest you can't deal with any used car place. Except the high end ones, but they don't carry 92's. If they only have two people complaining they are crooks they probably aren't.

Take Euro's advice, and have it checked. Two ask for the "used car pack", three do this with a deposit in the form of a bank check that your bank can cancel. If you put 2000 down, they will let you drive out in the car alone. Then since they are used car dealers tell them the independent said 3000 worth of work and offer 5 grand, and hope like heck your scam works. They don't know anything about the car, after all they bought it from a "used car dealer" themselves.

BY and BY I bought my new ride private!

you sir are very VERY wrong. I went to that same place, as I was about to buy an e36 325is and i went with my dad in his e46 and he didn't want to let us drive shit until we convinced him and we had to put a deposit to have it taken to cross ave. that place is a shit hole

rodo
11-07-2005, 10:56 PM
and btw hes like if the mechanic finds no safety issue problems u have to buy it blah blah blah, and said that he wouldn't find anything blah blah blah. turns out the car had 2 rust holes in the floor, and needed a new rear axle among other things. That place is a piece of shit. The guy's name is Sam

Understated
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
*th-up* we should have a section that rates dealers and whatnot

like this....the collection....and of course the toronto area bmw dealerships....there are scattered threads here and there....but i believe they deserve their own section if not...at least sticky....like a feedback for major dealers :)

rodo
11-08-2005, 08:02 AM
thats a good idea!:P

static
11-08-2005, 01:29 PM

X2 !! dealers and perhaps comments about currently sold private vehicles

Darkness95m3
11-19-2005, 08:05 AM

I think it's a great idea.

Understated