PDA

View Full Version : I broke stuff

propr'one
11-04-2005, 02:08 AM
I hit a pylon on the 401 today.

broke my driver side mirror.

just the accual mirror part, the glass is shattered, so i need a new mirror.

where can i grab one?

Eurostyle
11-04-2005, 02:16 AM
since i dont have any...
try:
A: Bimmersport
B: Chuck's Auto
C: BMW used pats
*th-up*

Soldo
11-04-2005, 02:21 AM
do NOT try BMW USED PARTS..... unless your brown, otherwise your gettin ripped off!

Eurostyle
11-04-2005, 02:30 AM
do NOT try BMW USED PARTS..... unless your brown, otherwise your gettin ripped off!

They might sell him an E30 mirror claiming its E36! lol...otherwise they have good prices!

In conclusion; only shop there if you are 100% sure you know what you are getting...dont trust them for Sh#t...

windwagen
11-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Any auto glass shop should be able to cut one for you, and then just glue it in place.

Soldo
11-04-2005, 02:36 AM
I shop there with the peice i need in hand.... i just LOVE their pricing. Every time i talk to the same person, i get a different price on the same item!

Gamite
11-04-2005, 03:00 AM
u know, its ironic, the other day, I was driving past those pylons, and I always see some of them fallen over, and I asked myself "I wonder who knocks these things down"

Eurostyle
11-04-2005, 03:08 AM
u know, its ironic, the other day, I was driving past those pylons, and I always see some of them fallen over, and I asked myself "I wonder who knocks these things down"

Well now you know!!! ROFL.... :D

SpoolinS6
11-04-2005, 03:15 AM
those bmw used parts guys are halirious
they have like a little kitcheen up stairs ( now full of parts ) the guy told me a story that every friday they use to bring over hookers and the place was full of guys playing pool upstairs that they would fightover who would **** her funny story ask woofer he will tell you LOL

thinair
11-04-2005, 07:30 AM

Me, when I had my truck, and in a couple weeks once I get my beater back on the road :moon:

Darkness95m3
11-04-2005, 08:09 AM
I hit a pylon on the 401 today.

broke my driver side mirror.

just the accual mirror part, the glass is shattered, so i need a new mirror.

where can i grab one?
I know how you feel. I bottomed out my 540i yesterday.

Justin e36
11-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Just curious, how did you manage to shatter your mirror hitting a pylon? ... I can't seem to picture it in my head.

By the way, your e36 glass is heated + powered, the clips are different for drivers side and passenger side. The glass alone costs $170 at the stealership. Chuck's Auto charges $90 for the glas, and Used BMW Parts charges $70 for the glass. Your best bet is to post in the Looking For section on this forum for stock mirrors, these guys that upgrade to M3 mirrors will usually let both stock mirrors go for $40 or so. Be warned that until 97 BMW did not have a functional resistor for the driver's side glass, as a result the corners of it usually become stained from the heating element and moisture. Passenger side is usually ok. So if you find a mirror from an older e36, chances are the mirror is stained around the edges. You *can* retrofit a passenger side mirror to the drivers side, but it will take a bit of minor modification.

J

BMW_7
11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
I have one, it's matte black (from a early e36) PM me I will give it away for cheap

propr'one
11-04-2005, 11:39 AM
I just need the accual mirror (like a peice of reflective glass). The accual mirror housing, motor, mount, and heater for the mirror are all in place and working.

BMW7 if you want to sell me just the mirror, quote me a price:D

Justin e36
11-04-2005, 11:57 AM
might as well take the whole thing. the mirror just pops out with a flat-head.
the heating element is embeded into the mirror itself.

BMW_7
11-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I just need the accual mirror (like a peice of reflective glass). The accual mirror housing, motor, mount, and heater for the mirror are all in place and working.

BMW7 if you want to sell me just the mirror, quote me a price:D

Sorry, actually the glass itself is corroded, I just have a spare lying around from the door I replaced. I just have no use of the damn thing.

propr'one
11-04-2005, 12:09 PM
justin, wouldn't the whole mirror assembly be expensive? a glass shop could cut me a peice of glass for not more than like 35-45 bucks im sure.

Justin e36
11-04-2005, 12:49 PM
... they can, but its not a regular mirror on the driver's side. objects are a tiny bit smaller in the mirror. (even smaller still on the passenger side where it has the writing on the bottom.) Plus it would not be heatedr. The heating elements run through the glass itself right behind the mirror.

If you don't mind losing heat, and adjusting to a different still mirror then by all means.. it'd save you quite a bit of $$.

propr'one
11-04-2005, 11:16 PM
No justin, i still have the motor part, and the heater element. (the glass is just cracked,) Im pretty sure i could re-attach a peice of glass to the existing heated pad that the glass attaches too. But i mean i can adjust the mirror and whatnot.