PDA

View Full Version : progress on my e30 situation

Woofer
10-31-2005, 04:57 PM
As you guys know i was in an accident and my e30 was smashed to the point of no repair. well i am still dealing with insurance on what they are going to pay out on my e30. I put some good money into the e30 but i know i won't get it all back.

Insurance first offered me 3000 and keep the car. I refused the offer because i am hoping to get more out of it. Now they have offered me 3200 plus 8% on the car that roughly brings it up to 3500 and i get to keep the car aswell.

what do you guys thing? i want at least 5000 for the car but i don;t know if i will get that. Do you guys thing they are being unfair? They are comparing my car to regualr 1986 e30s on the autotrader. I have an 86 325e with 290,XXX kms on it. they car had absolutly no rust on it and had a fresh paint job on it. In my opinion my car was in way better shape then any of the 86 325e's i've seen in the trader.

Give me some feed back guys thanks

Eurostyle
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
I say take it...I know you put a lot of time and $$$ in it, but we all know that projects are meney pits and you can never get back everything....

Justin e36
10-31-2005, 05:39 PM
If you wanted more coverage on the vehicle, it would have to be appraised and the appraisal faxed in to the insurance company. Your rates would go up, but you would be insured for the actual value on the vehicle.

Likewise, if your vehicle is a beater you can have it appraised lower than the blackbook value and your rates would be less.

Many people buy stock cars, have it appraised for less than the blackbook value, pay cheaper insurance, then mod their car up. Problem is, if they get in an accident, they won't get the actual value back.

Also note that the km on the odometer affects the value of your vehicle as well. Blackbook value is calculated at 12,000km per year. Any more than that and the value of the vehicle goes down. Likewise, any less on the odometer and the value goes up.

T.Dot_E30
10-31-2005, 05:46 PM
I say take it, its true you put lots into it, but you wont get the money u put into for the paint job etc.

The main point is, if you were to sell it before the accident, I doubt you'd ever get $3000 for it.

SebSter
10-31-2005, 06:07 PM
I agree with these guys. You never get the money back that you put into a car. Even fresh paintjob brings down the value of the car that it had before the paint. I would take the 3500 and the car if I was you. Take all the bits that can be salvaged, and find a new one with a good body and get to work on that. I know it sucks, and its true for all us e30 guys, any mod we put into the car will NOT increase its value, quite the oposite. Im with Trevor on this one.

BMW BMXer
10-31-2005, 07:18 PM
I would also take the 3500, then part the car.

Etas are not worth much..

Jim .E.
10-31-2005, 08:34 PM
If you wanted more coverage on the vehicle, it would have to be appraised and the appraisal faxed in to the insurance company. Your rates would go up, but you would be insured for the actual value on the vehicle.

Likewise, if your vehicle is a beater you can have it appraised lower than the blackbook value and your rates would be less.

Many people buy stock cars, have it appraised for less than the blackbook value, pay cheaper insurance, then mod their car up. Problem is, if they get in an accident, they won't get the actual value back.

Also note that the km on the odometer affects the value of your vehicle as well. Blackbook value is calculated at 12,000km per year. Any more than that and the value of the vehicle goes down. Likewise, any less on the odometer and the value goes up.

I always thought blackbook value is 20,000km/year

craz azn
10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
dude thats a decent deal I would say, take the 3500 and the car.... good luck dude *th-up*

SpoolinS6
10-31-2005, 08:48 PM
take the 3500 and take the car and part out the rest if u know what i mean jay bimmer wants your suspention remember etc i bet if u put it up half your car would be parted out by now

Woofer
10-31-2005, 10:17 PM
there isn't really that much to part out, well i'm sure there is but i don't know if i would want to put the time and effort into it. The main parts have been sold already and i am keeping the e36 leathers for my next e30. Who wants an eta motor? i was gonna thorw it out after the s52 swap anyways. if anyone is interested in parts let me know the car is coming back to my house tomorrow anyways.

If the skirts were molded to the car can they still be parted out and sold? I guess what i mean would be if there is a possible way of taking off the skirts without breaking them?

Anyways i'll keep you guys posted. i offered to insurance today 3500 plus 8% tax which would bring it up too 3800 and i get too keep the car.

Jordan
10-31-2005, 11:54 PM
You had a bone stock eta, with a poorly fit fiberglass bodykit and a ho hum paint job.

Take the $3500, part the car out, and use the sum to buy another, cleaner, car.

Make the best of the situation and use it to your advantage.

Woofer
11-04-2005, 02:09 PM
well i ended up working them to 4000 bucks:D and i get to keep the car aswell. Who needs parts?

T.Dot_E30
11-04-2005, 02:14 PM
come on sell me the broken headlights!

Mystikal
11-04-2005, 02:27 PM
You got $4k for that car?

That's about twice what it should have been, seriously. You got away lucky there.

Woofer
11-04-2005, 02:33 PM
yea i was lucky i guess, but i have had a string of bad luck in october.

propr'one
11-04-2005, 11:52 PM
are e30 mirrors same size as e36? i need the glass for driver side. No heater elements or motors or what not, if they are the same dimensions i'll take it and fab something up*th-up*

lemme know. (glad SOMEONE finally screwed insurance over, its always the other way around)