PDA

View Full Version : Outcome of BMW F1 next season

Striker
10-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Any idea or possibilities of the outcome of BMW F1? Williams dropping BMW next year will really suck.

I wish they can develop their own chassis. BMW is so flawless with their handling, I wonder why they would not attempt to build their own F1 chassis.

paul christians
10-30-2005, 08:28 PM
I thick it is the cost??

grossi
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Well, I think eventually BMW will develop their own chassis. This year is up in the air, I really have not a clue as to what chassis they may go with. But, having ownership of all of Sauber's facilities in Hinwil, I wouldn't be surprised if they develop a chassis. Afterall, BMW hired another 300 employees to work for their Formula 1 programme for next year.....

qimis
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM
"Q: What progress has been made with the 2006 chassis and engine?

Mario Theissen: The foundations for next year’s chassis were already in place by the end of the 2005 season and the aerodynamics department in Hinwil has since been working on the optimisation of individual components. At the same time, further advances have been made in Munich with the new P86 V8 engine in preparation for winter testing."

(http://www.formula1.com/news/3773.html)

King Luis
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
i heard, williams lost bmw and hp as sponsers and are going cosworth motors.
while bmw is going to sauber.

BMWF1
10-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Do you guys follow the sport at all??????? Williams didn't drop anyone, BMW DROPED WILLIAMS, after then HP drop out because BMW was no longer the engine supplier, BMW dropped Williams because they BOUGHT SAUBER, not sauber chose bmw, the SAUBER TEAM IS NO MORE, it will be BMW, they pretty much bought the chassy and people that make it.

Mclarenbenz
10-31-2005, 02:54 AM
Do you guys follow the sport at all??????? Williams didn't drop anyone, BMW DROPED WILLIAMS, after then HP drop out because BMW was no longer the engine supplier, BMW dropped Williams because they BOUGHT SAUBER, not sauber chose bmw, the SAUBER TEAM IS NO MORE, it will be BMW, they pretty much bought the chassy and people that make it.

Correct.

And im 100% behind BMW for doing that, williams was going no where.

BMVV
10-31-2005, 09:37 AM
I think it's time for BMW to prove they can build a complete F1 car and compete with renault and ferrari. Go BMW!