PDA

View Full Version : m5 pressure plate on a 328i clutch

propr'one
10-29-2005, 12:11 PM
I was talking to axxe at the meet and he said since i have to do a new clutch anyway, that i should get an OEM clutch but an m5 pressure plate. Can anyone (or axxe himself :cool: ) elaborate on this and mabye throw me some part numbers:D

thanks

(my clutch = *shiner* )

thinair
10-29-2005, 12:37 PM
That won't work at all.

The M5 pressure won't bolt up to the stock 328 flywheel, regardless of what clutch disc is being used.

For you to get an M5 pressure plate to work in an e36 you need a UUC Stage II flywheel. (which is my current setup)

A.K.A. Blackout
10-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Yes, thinair is right. That is the setup that I am running next spring when the car is converted, and as well Charlie has the same setup on his M3.

propr'one
10-29-2005, 06:33 PM
So other than just oem new clutch kit, what could i do ? (if you guys could throw outa approximate cost of parts + hours of labour)

thanks

thinair
10-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Well, you can get an uprated clutch, or get a lightweight flywheel that uses a stock clutch kit, about $560US + oem clutch, get a ltw flywheel that uses an M3 clutch, $499US + oem M3 kit, or get a ltw flywheel with an M5 clutch kit, $974US, all included.

It all really depends on your budget and how you drive.

While you're there, do at least the rear crank seal and the input shaft seal on the tranny.