PDA

View Full Version : BMW M3 GTR hot lap

Marky_mark
10-29-2005, 02:31 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2756702815607264671&q=m3

AMG_POWER
10-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Post re!

But very ****en impressive piece of driving eh!?

DriveItSideways
11-03-2005, 04:18 PM
one of my favorite race car drivers! i remember when he was dominating years ago with the audi quatro's

BigD
11-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I've driven around that track and I can tell you this man is FEARLESS. Hans Stuck is one of a handfull of drivers left that knows this track well. You just can't learn it at once. You learn a few turns at a time and once you master a section you add a turn or two to it. I did 5 laps and it felt like it took half the day. I was EXHAUSTED. And the turns just come unrelenting. So if you screw up one turn, you will still be paying for it 5 turns later because you're still trying to gather yourself up. On most tracks a fast driver and a slow driver mean a difference of 20 seconds maybe. Here it's a difference of 3-5 minutes. Partly due to the length of the track but mostly due to the fact that you can drive this track at a blinding pace (like Hans in that video) if you have the balls and know it well enough but if you play it safe you will be slow as hell. For example the carousel, the inside of the turn is banked HARD and lined with grooved concrete. You can take this turn on any car at full throttle. you just sorta try to forget the laws of physics, put your foot down, turn in and close your eyes... But you have to be ready at the exit because the concrete ends on the loaded side first so the car will want to snap oversteer.

paul christians
11-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Hans Stuck is CRAZY..GERMAN accent.....