PDA

View Full Version : Window tint question....

MroadsterBoy
01-19-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey guys, I'm new in this forums, I just want to ask you guys where I can find a place to tint the "reflective tint" ? And also where I can find a place to tint the 5% at the front which they will do it for me instead of telling me I can't tint that ?

djc0ntra
01-19-2002, 09:34 AM
hey rob, what's your opinion on Tint King? everyone i've asked about them says not to goto them as they overcharge and dont do a very good job.
I'm not sure what to believe honestly, maybe it's location specific (like maaco....well....ok maybe not =)

I want to get my car tinted close to summer time with a dark tint with a touch of brown/tan colour to it (to match my champagne paint)

i was thinking 20% for the side windows, and 5% for the rear side windows and back window.

MroadsterBoy
01-19-2002, 10:51 AM
So would you think Canadian Tire will tint those silver tint and 5% at the front for us ? Or should we go for those auto performance shops ?

djc0ntra
01-19-2002, 10:52 AM
i used canadian tire tint before on previous cars
it's very difficult to apply, and doesn't last very long.
It's worth the extra money to not have to deal with the headache of doing all your windows, and having a warranty on the product.

MroadsterBoy
01-19-2002, 10:56 AM
So you mean tinting window is kinda bad things to do ?

djc0ntra
01-19-2002, 11:12 AM
no i meant it's worth the $100 to have a place do it for you and do it right the first time.
Plus the shops can get better tint that we could buy at any store.
And they tend to do it correctly (like at temperatures that the tint lays on the window correctly, and they trim the edges etc)

MroadsterBoy
01-19-2002, 02:07 PM
But where we could find that kind of window tinting shop in Toronto ? And I really want tint 5% or lower 20% on the front window and where I can find a shop to tint that for me ?

KIRASIR
01-19-2002, 02:18 PM
There is a place on Steels and Keele. Called Auto Glass something, it's right across from the LADA building, and across from Tint King. The owner's name is Don; he does a pretty good job, and he can also do the front. He is not cheap but he is good.
I tinted my GEO there a couple of years ago, and my friend has done 2 of his cars as well. Another thing is, I would not recomend you to do the front. My friend did it on his car, and he regrets it. It's a total pain in the ass to drive at night. I agree with him since I've been in his car, but it's up to you.

As far as Tint King goes the owner of the one on Steels is a greedy asshole.

SL

djc0ntra
01-19-2002, 02:25 PM
any of them will do it for you
if they complain, they're just doing that for legality reasons
they'll do it for you
but they probably wont provide a warranty on the front (so that you can't sue them later if you kill yourself because of it)

Why on earth would you want to tint your windsheild anyways? You need to see out of your car when you drive, it's not safe to tint the windsheild. You're playing with your life on that one.

MroadsterBoy
01-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey thanks Lonely TI. I will find that Auto Glass stop. So is that shop near the auto performance shop named " Wind Cloud perofrmance shop" ?

MroadsterBoy
01-19-2002, 02:48 PM
Also , do you know any good and not kinda expensive chinese mechanic around in Toronto ?

Thanks Lonely TI*wave*