PDA

View Full Version : illuminated M shift knob for my e36?

moto-menace
10-26-2005, 11:15 PM
heres a pretty simple question that i need 2 ask...do those illuminated shift patterned knobs that u wire off your lighter illuminate in "red" or "orange"...i duno, maybe theyre not made for my e36...all the sites ive found selling them describe it as a red illumination, but unless im really color blind, my interior is definately lighted in orange...so i dont wanna buy one of these if it isnt gonna match the rest of the buttons and gauges in my car...input appreciated.

ZiMMie
10-26-2005, 11:22 PM
ill say in orange since bmw use that color in thier interior lighting.

moto-menace
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
yea thats what i was thinkin too, its just strange how everywhere ive seen em forsale, they say red, and it even kinda looks redish in the blurry shitty pictures..do the newer beamers have red lighting inside? if so, maybe its made 4 another model than the e36..

Justin e36
10-27-2005, 12:51 AM
stock lighted shift knobs light up in RED, not orange... it matches with your hazard switch. nicely. All BMW's use an amber interior based on a study in the early 70's that orange is the least stressful on your eyes during night driving.

If you want an amber lighted shift knob to match the rest of your interior buy it from www.leatherZ.com .. they will custom make it in any color combination / shift pattern you desire.

J

moto-menace
10-27-2005, 06:08 PM
really? cool 2 know that history about the 70's study on stress on the eyes..and thanx 4 that link i really appreciate your help thats awesome.