PDA

View Full Version : water water water!!!!!!!!

spooner_dee
10-25-2005, 09:49 PM
So if anyone has been watching the news maybe you might have heard that us here in the USA in the northeast states of Pennsylvania (where i live) new jersey and NY have been hit with ALOT of rain flooding etc... well im not flooded but the rain has been taking is toll on my car.

My car leaked near the front driver side where the pillar and the roof meet, could not figure out where the water was comming from for the longest time till i talked to my brother. He said that most cars with sunroofs have like 4 drain holes with tubes that let the water drain down through the car to the ground and that they flowed through the pillars and such. after hearing that i did an experiment with a cup of water and poured it strait into my front hole. sure enough water came in. so i plugged the hole and tada! no more problems.... till now.

with all the rain i guess its just been too much for my car and water started leaking again, oddly enough from the same spot as b4. I havent really had a chance to get out and take a good look around at the car and try and find the exact problem as its always raining. Anyone have any ideas what i can do to try and keep the inside of my car dry? or am i just ****ed? anyone else experience this b4? any and all ideas welcome *wave*

Justin e36
10-25-2005, 10:25 PM
simple.

a) pull of a pillar
b) remove sun visor on leaking side
c) pull headliner down enough to re-clamp drain hose
d) enjoy dry car

spooner_dee
10-27-2005, 05:04 PM
hmmm i will try it this weekend, spanks for the tip.